Alienware Area 51 with AMD Threadripper

Dell's gaming brand, Alienware has just announced their new Area 51 gaming desktop. with AMD Threadripper. The system can be configured with either a 12 core or 16 core processor, watercooling, UP to 64GB of quad channel DDR4. M.2 PCIe storage and HDD. GPU options starts out at GTX1050Ti and goes up to dual GTX1080Ti or triple AMD RX580s. Through 2017, Dell will be the exclusive OEM prebuilt, to offer AMD Threadripper. The system will be available starting June 27th 2017. No price on it yet.

• Designed for Megatasking, game streaming and more, the new Area 51 Threadripper Edition is ready for today’s most demanding PC gaming enthusiast and supports high performance configurations with a chipset that enables up to 64 PCIe Gen 3 lanes.
    • All configuration come standard with unlocked, factory-overclocked across all cores and liquid cooled AMD Ryzen Threadripper CPUs with Alienware's most powerful liquid cooling unit to date.
    • Iconic triad high quality, uniquely engineered chassis built to deliver exceptional airflow, thermal management, and user ergonomics for daily use and future upgrades.
    • Supports NVIDIA SLI and AMD Crossfire graphics technology, with dual and triple GPU options
    • Introduces M.2 storage options to Area-51.
    • Built for gaming enthusiast wanting the absolute best gaming performance played with a VR, 4k or 8k display
    • Alienware Command Center includes AlienFX, AlienAdrenaline, AlienFusion, Thermal and Overclocking Controls

Area-51%20Open.jpg+

https://www.pcper.com/news/Systems/Dell-Announces-Alienware-Area-51-Threadripper-Edition

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Damn.... Thats kinda awesome

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Matte black looks sexy-I just posted an Alienware news thing here too and it had the news about the Area 51, but I took it out.

Ya beat me to it!

Price will cost shitton due to the case but hey, I don't care

Dell literally leaped on this. Wonder if lack of competition removed any need for Intel to engage in heavy-handed anti competitive behavior, thus leading to Dell taking the first opportunity to take a non-Intel vendor?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

Dell literally leaped on this. Wonder if lack of competition removed any need for Intel to engage in heavy-handed anti competitive behavior, thus leading to Dell taking the first opportunity to take a non-Intel vendor?

They are also going to have Intel X299 systems as well.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, Belgarathian said:
  • Gaming
  • Uses ThreadRipper
  • Starts with 1050ti
  • Blue PCB, green ram with no heatsync

What?

Mint workstation though. 

hope the cables are sleeved

Well, that's certainly an interesting product stack.  It also fits in with some of the chatter about Threadripper in July.  I'm not sure what great use 3x RX 580 would be, but I'm sure someone is strange enough to want it.

The 1050 Ti is likely on there because if you're running a gaming system with a bunch of monitors, you'd want to offload those to the non-primary GPU. So you have a 1080 Ti + 1050 Ti to run 3 more monitors.

This still seems like something of an odd choice, though if you tossed in 3x 1080 Ti not in SLI, you could run 3 separate "computers" at the the same time that could game at 4K. Each could have it's own 4x PCIe 3.0 NVME drive attached as well.

10 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

There are two versions; the matte black one that uses ThreadRipper, called the 'Threadripper Edition, and the one that looks like the previous one, using X299.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

hope the cables are sleeved

Image result for area 51 alienware inside

It appears so.

Just now, lilbman said:

Image result for area 51 alienware inside

It appears so.

jesus fuck this thing looks ugly from the inside AF

KILL IT WITH FIRE

NOW

2 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Well, that's certainly an interesting product stack.  It also fits in with some of the chatter about Threadripper in July.  I'm not sure what great use 3x RX 580 would be, but I'm sure someone is strange enough to want it.

The 1050 Ti is likely on there because if you're running a gaming system with a bunch of monitors, you'd want to offload those to the non-primary GPU. So you have a 1080 Ti + 1050 Ti to run 3 more monitors.

This still seems like something of an odd choice, though if you tossed in 3x 1080 Ti not in SLI, you could run 3 separate "computers" at the the same time that could game at 4K. Each could have it's own 4x PCIe 3.0 NVME drive attached as well.

I can see that use case.  Maybe they'd use 3x 580s for mining?

If I remember correctly it only supports two 1080 Tis but the 3 separate "computers" thing I could see being done with those 3 RX 580s.

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

jesus fuck this thing looks ugly from the inside AF

KILL IT WITH FIRE

NOW

There's no side window, thank God. In it's defense, that is the old version.

1 minute ago, lilbman said:

I can see that use case.  Maybe they'd use 3x 580s for mining?

If I remember correctly it only supports two 1080 Tis but the 3 separate "computers" thing I could see being done with those 3 RX 580s.

After RX Vega launches, I really want to see LTT try the 3x 4K gaming... at the same time.  It seems like the prefect type of sponsored project that AMD would be up for while also being something crazy Linus would be up for.  There's little use for that in the real world, but it's just something hilarious to do. :) 

GAMER...for threadripper...what? Makes as much sense as putting ketchup on a steak.

27 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Strange. Gaming brand with CPU not really meant for gaming. Gonna have a hard time justifying the price tag to their target customers. 

Would rather they sell Threadrippers through Dell and target the small business/home office segment, who will readily welcome cheaper alternatives to comparative Intel systems. 

The Threadripper Edition(what it's called) is one of two variants-The Intel one is the 'gamers that create' system and the Threadripper one is the 'Creators that game' system.  Both have different orientations, as the Intel version also has an option for the 7700K and its board  but it also supports X299.  The Threadripper one has no Ryzen option, if I remember correctly.

I have to admit I'm kinda shocked, we know so much more about skylake-x at least 6-10 and they were going to launch this month.... on the other hand we don't know for sure all the models speeds price date of threadripper and they get to market first? Pretty amazing 

9 minutes ago, lilbman said:

The Threadripper Edition(what it's called) is one of two variants-The Intel one is the 'gamers that create' system and the Threadripper one is the 'Creators that game' system.  Both have different orientations, as the Intel version also has an option for the 7700K and its board  but it also supports X299.  The Threadripper one has no Ryzen option, if I remember correctly.

Dell would likely be more interested in Raven Ridge systems than the mid-tier Ryzen, while Threadripper & Epyc are far more where they'd be able to sell AMD parts.

Standard memory configurations begin with quad-channel 2667 MHz DDR4 up to 64GB, with 2933MHz HyperX memory up to the same quad-channel 64GB available.

From the link. That's really interesting. They're getting stable clocks in Quad at that.  (First person with B-dies getting stable Quad >3400 is going to have bragging rights.) Though it also seems that 12c & 16c are the only SKUs were going to see for now.  Still not sure what I'd do with all of those cores, but I really do want one.  Haha.

4 minutes ago, juri-han said:

I have to admit I'm kinda shocked, we know so much more about skylake-x at least 6-10 and they were going to launch this month.... on the other hand we don't know for sure all the models speeds price date of threadripper and they get to market first? Pretty amazing 

X299 should hit the market around June 26th or so.  Pre-orders are the 17th.  https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/06/12/intel-corporations-core-x-series-rolls-out-in-3-ph.aspx

Epyc servers start rolling out on the 20th, which is probably why AMD hasn't quite been pushing it all yet. I expect July to be filled with the topic after the X299 reviews dropping.

And I am sooooo looking forward to the first idiot to post the "7740k is the BEST GAMING CPU!" article. 

This kinda proves that Threadripper will only have 12c24t and 16c32t Skus, what I would expect.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

34 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

This kinda proves that Threadripper will only have 12c24t and 16c32t Skus, what I would expect.

It's really pointing to that right now.  Curious how many SKUs we'll get.  Probably 4 in the first batch.

Love how the stock cards in the product picture are Tri-SLI GTX 285s.... don't think that's accurate lol

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions