Age of Empires: Definitive Edition

Andreas Lilja
2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Aaaaaaaaaaand Win10 UWP exclusive

i have Ageof Empires 2 HD with african kingdoms expansion anyway. Take that MS!

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

love the classics, but frankly... i'd really love to see a return of Age of Empires Online, would gladly repay for all the Civs i had already bought (so all of them, minus the first one you get for free between greeks or egyptcians). Had so much fun in it, the best of Age 3 with the mechanics of Age 2 and a colorful, bright art style. Such an amazing game.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Just now, Urishima said:

It's 'Wololo', you fucking poser!

And a Hoyohoyo to you too sir ;)

41 minutes ago, Sampsy said:

Yeah I'm not happy. I am still extremely salty after the steam re-release of Age of Mythology - my personal favourite childhood RTS. They completely fucked it up and then abandoned it. Microsoft Studios is NOT a good developer. 

I was literally just away to comment this when I seen yours, they royally destroyed AoM with the amount of bugs in it and absolutely abysmal performance for a long long time, took them ages to "fix" it. I don't even get how they could introduce that many bugs into a game that they barely changed that much on. All they needed to do really was update the textures, maybe tweak controls ever so slightly if required and release it.

That was through Skybox Labs though, are they doing this one? I just checked the website though and didn't see it mentioned on their site but maybe its too new. I know they did AoM and Age of Empires 2 but hope they are not doing this one.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

10 minutes ago, Eniqmatic said:

I know they did AoM and Age of Empires 2 but hope they are not doing this one.

They actually did a good job with AoE 2 and pleased to see new content as well.

Yeah! Now give us a decent AoE2 remaster as well!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, leadeater said:

They actually did a good job with AoE 2 and pleased to see new content as well.

Ah OK that's reassuring to hear then I guess, I have no idea why they did such a terrible job on AoM, you would think it would have been one of the easiest jobs they could do. There was so many bugs, hundreds of complaints from people on Steam who had bought the game and they barely ever responded to everyone, took over a year and a half to fix the performance bug they had where it would severely drop frames the more units you had in view. Even users with like 4790k's and GTX 980's were dropping to like 15-20 FPS.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

Just now, Eniqmatic said:

Ah OK that's reassuring to hear then I guess, I have no idea why they did such a terrible job on AoM, you would think it would have been one of the easiest jobs they could do. There was so many bugs, hundreds of complaints from people on Steam who had bought the game and they barely ever responded to everyone, took over a year and a half to fix the performance bug they had where it would severely drop frames the more units you had in view. Even users with like 4790k's and GTX 980's were dropping to like 15-20 FPS.

I only managed to play 99 minutes of AoM before giving up, not opened it again since. AoE 2 was still basically a cash grab but it wasn't an utter disaster and I still enjoy playing it so worth what I paid. 

Edit:

Way better than AoE 3

I only managed to play 99 minutes of AoM before giving up, not opened it again since. AoE 2 was still basically a cash grab but it wasn't an utter disaster and I still enjoy playing it so worth what I paid. 

Did you experience the same issues? I felt AoM was a cash grab also, its a shame as it was one of my favourite games when I was a kid.

Did you experience the same issues? I felt AoM was a cash grab also, its a shame as it was one of my favourite games when I was a kid.

AoE 2 HD played fine for me, another good classic to get again is Rise of Nations.

AoE 2 HD played fine for me, another good classic to get again is Rise of Nations.

I'll have a look at that!

Sorry I meant did you get the same issues with AoM that you stopped playing it or just not into it?

Sorry I meant did you get the same issues with AoM that you stopped playing it or just not into it?

Bit of both but mostly cos it ran like shit, I'll play any of those classic RTS games I like them all. Empire Earth is one of my favorites but it's not quite got the same polished finish feel that AoE 2 has.

Bit of both but mostly cos it ran like shit, I'll play any of those classic RTS games I like them all. Empire Earth is one of my favorites but it's not quite got the same polished finish feel that AoE 2 has.

Same for me, there is something about a a good old classic RTS that I miss these days!

Same for me, there is something about a a good old classic RTS that I miss these days!

Sins of s Solar Empire with Star Trek or Star Wars mod is an excellent modern RTS, played many hundreds of hours of that. Supreme Commander is a newer but older great game but the game engine really struggles on huge maps late game, nukes look amazing though haha. Sup Com 2 was a bit shit compared to 1.

3 hours ago, leadeater said:

I'll play any of those classic RTS games I like them all.

Did you ever play Act Of War: Direct Action?  It was a C&C style RTS that came out 2005.  The only downside, it seems to be completely broken if you have more than 2GB of RAM.  They did release a Gold edition (that included a later expansion pack), but I never got a chance to test it and see if that fixed the bug.j

It was actually pretty fun, as I recall.

been playing AoE 2 lately and was thinking about trying 1 again... guess ill wait a while :D

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

Wth? I tought it was an AOE 1, 2, 3 all in one with 4K textures and new maps, units, etc.

Laaaaaameee.

Groomlake Authority

5 hours ago, Eniqmatic said:

That was through Skybox Labs though, are they doing this one? I just checked the website though and didn't see it mentioned on their site but maybe its too new. I know they did AoM and Age of Empires 2 but hope they are not doing this one.

Skybox does the patches, Forgotten Empires the development. (except base AoE 2 HD, which was contracted to CS:GO's Hidden Path)

Yes, AoM is a mess. Poor reception to DLC didn't help to finance continued development.

However AoE 2 is now thriving and getting frequent meaningful improvements. Most streamers and competitive players have finally jumped ship. It took a while, tho. After African Kingdoms there were 7-8 months without patches...

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

6 hours ago, Sauron said:

Yeah! Now give us a decent AoE2 remaster as well!

What do you mean ? I find AoE2 HD to be a pretty decent remaster.

3 minutes ago, Thiback said:

What do you mean ? I find AoE2 HD to be a pretty decent remaster.

No decent graphical options (not even a resolution setting, which even the original has), barely any quality of life improvements, no remasteded models aside from a couple. I could do better than that with mods on the original game. I only have the hd edition for the new expansions.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I want AoE 4 with Democracy vs. Communism (+ nukes).
2527325-1444842183-aoe3..jpg

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

16 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Do the same to C&C.

Generals + ZH though.