PC causing 2.4g wifi interference.

I'm actually going mad. My PC is the cause of my internet problems. 

I use 2.4ghz wifi to connect to to the internet on my laptop and desktop, when the desktop is switched on the connection dies and becomes extremely unreliable. I can improve the connection by moving away from my PC and the connection gets worse when I move closer. 

I've unplugged and disabled all bluetooth devices. 

Windows 10. I've updated, rebooted everything. 5ghz and lan have no issues but I can't use lan permanently. How can I stop my PC from interfering?

10 hours ago, Doramius said:

What wireless card do you have in your desktop?

A newer tplink and an older once with that really common cheap chipset. Both have the issue.  

10 hours ago, WWicket said:

Try different channels. 

Try lowering the output power on your desktop wifi card.

Channels don't make a difference, it's not my wireless adapter causing the issue 

Can you test your wifi with the desktop's wifi adapter disconnected? If its USB, disconnect it, if its PCI-E take it out.

Does the drop happen AS SOON as you turn on your desktop? Or only starts happening once its in windows?

||Intel i7-7770k | MSi Z270 Carbon Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | Corsair 400C & RM750 PSU + H100i||

||Creative SB Recon 3D Fatal1ty | Samsung Evo 850 500GB | Seagate 2TB | Lots of red LED fans |Corsair K70 Black | Razer Deathadder Chroma|| 

||Dell 27" U2713HM | ASUS VP239H | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Win 10 Pro | Portable gaming made possible with MSI GT70 2OC and a bag to dump in||

~~Assembled with love and care~~

9 hours ago, Blebekblebek said:

Change frequency radio to 20Mhz instead 40Mh or Auto.

On what? if it's the router then that's not the problem

3 hours ago, Syncrosys said:

Can you test your wifi with the desktop's wifi adapter disconnected? If its USB, disconnect it, if its PCI-E take it out.

Does the drop happen AS SOON as you turn on your desktop? Or only starts happening once its in windows?

It's as soon as the desktop powers on and it happens with the adapter removed.

Ok, before we say its 100% the PC... take it to another room, and hook it up to the wall there. If it doesn't do the same shit, you'll know its the power causing it in that area and ... that's a whole other problem. But if it does the same in another room.... well We'll need to test it by taking out parts. Since it does it as soon as you power it on, it'll be fairly easy to test. 

Can I have a list of your desktop parts? (Brand/model)

||Intel i7-7770k | MSi Z270 Carbon Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | Corsair 400C & RM750 PSU + H100i||

||Creative SB Recon 3D Fatal1ty | Samsung Evo 850 500GB | Seagate 2TB | Lots of red LED fans |Corsair K70 Black | Razer Deathadder Chroma|| 

||Dell 27" U2713HM | ASUS VP239H | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Win 10 Pro | Portable gaming made possible with MSI GT70 2OC and a bag to dump in||

52 minutes ago, Syncrosys said:

Ok, before we say its 100% the PC... take it to another room, and hook it up to the wall there. If it doesn't do the same shit, you'll know its the power causing it in that area and ... that's a whole other problem. But if it does the same in another room.... well We'll need to test it by taking out parts. Since it does it as soon as you power it on, it'll be fairly easy to test. 

Can I have a list of your desktop parts? (Brand/model)

Parts:
gigabyte GA78-lmt usb3
fx4170
matix plat 290x
deepcool lucifer V2

evga g2 750
mishmash of hdds(500gb segate barracuda, 500gb blue, 160gb wd caviar, 160gb hitachi travelstar)
cardboard case

I will start moving it around soon.

2 minutes ago, bear-in-the-air said:

cardboard case

Like... actually?

20 minutes ago, Syncrosys said:

Like... actually?

TVbXxFM.jpg

Well. I think we just found your issue. your computer has no grounds. Clever as hell though. But not practical. I'd be ready to say that if you had it hooked up to a case you would not have those wi-fi interference issues. One of of my thoughts was that your case may not be grounding your equipment properly, but that would do it. You need a case buddy. 

On 6/13/2017 at 8:14 PM, Syncrosys said:

Well. I think we just found your issue. your computer has no grounds. Clever as hell though. But not practical. I'd be ready to say that if you had it hooked up to a case you would not have those wi-fi interference issues. One of of my thoughts was that your case may not be grounding your equipment properly, but that would do it. You need a case buddy. 

I figured as much. Unfortunately the budget doesn't allow it so I got a usb extention and have moved the wifi adapter away from my pc and it seems to be working

alright then. well. at least now you know where your next upgrade money will go.

Have a good one

On 6/15/2017 at 1:09 AM, Syncrosys said:

alright then. well. at least now you know where your next upgrade money will go.

Have a good one

I figured out what was causing the issue, it was my cheap usb3 hub

7 hours ago, bear-in-the-air said:

well hot damn! Still invest in a case though. glad you fixed it!

On 6/16/2017 at 0:30 PM, bear-in-the-air said:

The cheap USB hub must have a grounding issue.