Using a gaming headset with a dual jack on a case with seperate jacks

Hi Everyone

I am currently trying to get my turtle beach ear force px24 to work on my pc so I can use its inbuilt mic (this was one of the major selling features of this particular headset that's its compatible with xbox one, ps4 and pc). However it only has one jack for input and output, my case- Phantex enthoo evolve- has 2 separate input jacks for a mic and headphones. Therefore (I naively assumed) a simple 2 to 1 jack cable would be the fix for this problem as it would allow me to simply plug and play like on my Xbox...Obviously nothing is ever that simple and while I can plug it in and have it be identified as a mic or headphone separately my pc cant identify it as both at the same time (the headset has an inbuilt control switch which is switched to pc). I would rather not have to purchase another headset just for my pc, I thought it may be a defective cable so I have purchased 2 separate cables of this kind and to no avail.

Has anyone got any ideas?

My motherboard is the MSI 970 Gaming.

Thanks in advance

Simply use a 4 pole 3.5mm to 3 pole 3.5mm adapter. 

Edit- there are tons of them, here's one that should work 

Spoiler

StarTech MUYHSFMM 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x3 Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter - F/M https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058DOWH6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_CmTpzbWKSPQB7

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

It should have had one in the box

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

There are adapters that are used for these cases. They are fairly cheap and most of them work ok at best. 

Even my cheap Logitech webcams came with the 3.5mm split for Mic and Audio.

Ok ive had limited success it now detects the mic but according to the pc the mic is too quiet to hear anything- even when I'm shouting at into the mic- is there anything I can do about that? Surely turtle beach wouldn't have built such a bad mic into their product...