Sennheiser HD 650 review

jackparkyy

I have been using the HD 650's as my main pair of headphones for two weeks now and I feel that I can now give my opinion on them.

Overall I have to say that these are a fantastic pair of headphones, they have great high, mids and lows and they manage to deliver thumping bass without distorting the treble at all. It is very rare that headphones manage to pull this off with just two speakers. However you want be walking around the streets with these headphones, they are massive and you will defiantly need an amp for them as they have a rated impedance of 300 oms and they do go up to 500 oms at certain frequencies. They are an open ear design which improves the bass and means that there are no buzzes or echos that you do get from most noise canceling headphones. However this is another reasons why these headphones are not for plugging into your ipod and walking around the streets with them. The combination of no amp in an ipod and the open ear design means that you want be able to hear your music at all. However at home playing games, I found these headphones to be amazing, the fact that I could hear every detail due to the great highs and lows and still be blown out of my seat due to the great mids was truly an immersive experience. Also they are very comfortable and I had no problem with wearing them for hours on end. There really isn't much to complain about, they do everything them where designed to do but if I had to nit pick I would say that they could look a little better and they are a little tight on the head to start of with however after just two week of use, this isn't a problem any more.

So would I recommend these headphones? Well yes, if you want a solid pair of gaming headphones these are a great choice but if you want a pair of headphones for your ipod or mp3 player, look else where.