Xbox One X(Scorpio) Launches Nov. 7

tsk
7 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

I dont really understand why youd do that though. Maybe its just my perception as an office worker? I have a laptop but only use it for light web browsing or Skype. Anything else is done in my pc. 

Because anything I can do on my desktop I can do on my laptop, except everything is easier on my laptop. Plus I can easily just move somewhere else and continue doing what I'm doing. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

24 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Because anything I can do on my desktop I can do on my laptop, except everything is easier on my laptop. Plus I can easily just move somewhere else and continue doing what I'm doing. 

You must have a REALLY nice laptop. The only thing I can think of that is easier on a laptop than on a desktop is finding privacy to fap

1 minute ago, HalGameGuru said:

You must have a REALLY nice laptop. The only thing I can think of that is easier on a laptop than on a desktop is finding privacy to fap

I just really prefer macOS and find it far easier to due things on it. Plus terminal is nice for CS stuff. But I also really like being able to move from my desk to my bed to my couch to wherever I feel like doing work at any moment in time. I hate being tied to my desk. 

I have a 15" retina, so it has plenty of power for me to run the 30+ chrome tabs I usually have open + terminal + whatever VM I'm working in + messages/calls get forwarded from my phone to my laptop. And I also find myself much more productive with general use on a good trackpad than a mouse, so I'm much faster with everything on my Mac on top of everything else. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

14 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I just really prefer macOS and find it far easier to due things on it. Plus terminal is nice for CS stuff. But I also really like being able to move from my desk to my bed to my couch to wherever I feel like doing work at any moment in time. I hate being tied to my desk. 

I have a 15" retina, so it has plenty of power for me to run the 30+ chrome tabs I usually have open + terminal + whatever VM I'm working in + messages/calls get forwarded from my phone to my laptop. And I also find myself much more productive with general use on a good trackpad than a mouse, so I'm much faster with everything on my Mac on top of everything else. 

I have a mac book pro 2012. I just vm into my pc fo anything outside of web browsing or skype. It is nice to use the couch at times. 

I think we just simply disagree here. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Even if the console isn't able to run 4k@60fps, its a very compelling offer and proves that consoles provide great value. 

Guys forza motorsport 6 apex run with everything  at ultra in 4k with a 970, with few dips. So it's  not a good point of comparison 

7 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

I have a mac book pro 2012. I just vm into my pc fo anything outside of web browsing or skype. It is nice to use the couch at times. 

I think we just simply disagree here. 

You "vm" into your PC? I think you're using the wrong term here. VM stands for Virtual Machine - I assume you mean you Remote Desktop into your PC.

I think the point that @djdwosk97 is trying to make is that a lot of people who would consider buying a console already have a good productivity PC, such as a laptop or an office PC.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, TroubleKlef said:

Even if the console isn't able to run 4k@60fps, its a very compelling offer and proves that consoles provide great value. 

We've known for ages that consoles are sold at a loss, or near loss.  They expect to make it up on the software side, with licensing fees and the online service access fees.  Consoles are only a good value until the hardware starts showing its age (usually doesn't take long, a year or two), and then they're no better than a low-end PC.

Well at least now we know that Microsoft's favorite letter is still X.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build