Xbox One X(Scorpio) Launches Nov. 7

tsk
1 minute ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

So is this console the next generation? Or is it another half-assed upgrade like the PS4 Pro?

It's an incremental upgrade. Same OS, same game library.

1 minute ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

It'll be pretty impressive if they can sell one for $399.

Almost guarantee they won't.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I have to say, Microsoft's announcement video is pretty damn cool. 

Problem with the Xbox is .-....

Scalebound_cover_art.jpg (275×350) - Cancelled.

662a7f3bc832ff7ea4507876d005bdcf.jpg.56b9a72c0a168b44310d3c0b46d14192.jpg - They are screwing the Halo franchise really well, but Halo Wars 2 was a nice game, well see what comes from Halo 6.

Bloodborne2logo.jpg.c3a0f591a0574d045d0428d36f991d02.jpg - Will be a Playstation exclusive, just like Disgaea and Kingdom Hearts probably will always be.

Like seriously, an excellent console with very few exclusives, that are either available for Windows too or get outclassed by the Playstation vast list of awesome games that are actually exclusive to it.

Groomlake Authority

11 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

So are we looking at 980-ish performance? It'll be pretty impressive if they can sell one for $399.

So is this console the next generation? Or is it another half-assed upgrade like the PS4 Pro?

I doubt you're going to see full generational upgrades anymore. With both Sony and MS using x86 chips, and Nintendo using ARM based Tegra chips, the 5 year generational cycle just doesn't make sense anymore.

As for the price, Geoff Keighley thinks it'll be $499 

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

-snip-

Hopefully it will be released before 2020 by the way its going xD.

Groomlake Authority

Just saw some game trailers for the Xbone X Scorpiono, and if this is going to be 500$ and if it has a exclusives up the wazoo, then the PC will stand no chance against it.

A 500$ brand new PC is not able to compete with it.

i dont know if i want this to be good or not tbh. i can see both sides of it but i sortof want consoles to die off compleatly so we can get rid of the god damn console ports already

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Did 0:25 - 0:35 make anyone else think of Halt and Catch Fire's intro theme?

Remember that the Scorpio can frankly only be a good thing for the PS4 Pro, and quite consequentially and potentially, the PC. The Scorpio gaining market share would make developers enticed to update their games for the Scorpio and Pro, and build their new games with 4K in mind.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I don't think it has the games. As great as the new Metro looks, that's not enough to compete with the Playstation exclusives. I think it's going to be a really hard sell at $500 but I hope it does well since Scorpio succeeding would be a great thing for PC gamers. Then again maybe multiplat is enough. You probably can't build a $500 PC that's going to be anywhere near as good as the XBox One X.

1 hour ago, BuckGup said:

They say games run 4K 60FPS native...

Actually they really didn't, only for Forza 7 did they say 4K 60, most everything else they just said 4K and some stuff only said "Xbox One X Enhanced".

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I'd never buy an Xbox. MS is taking right steps, if there was any exclusive Id want it is likely coming to PC with their current motives. PS? Ya, some exclusives have tempted me. But wait! What is this...? EMULATORS? I have no issue waiting another year as PS3 already is coming out with games. No point in buying a Nintendo console with the rate at which emulators are coming out with their consoles'.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1 hour ago, Darth Revan said:

Just saw some game trailers for the Xbone X Scorpiono, and if this is going to be 500$ and if it has a exclusives up the wazoo, then the PC will stand no chance against it.

A 500$ brand new PC is not able to compete with it.

I'll be shocked if their aren't any downsides' to it over PC. I think this season of scrap yard wars proves you can get a 4k PC for $500. Plus, you pay for online. Plenty of games are expensive and onsale they're still like $40-$50. Much rather wait for humble sales or steam sales.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Looks pretty good. I don't have an Xbox currently, and several of the games shown look more comfortable to play with a controller over MK. Looking forward to it.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

1 minute ago, shermantanker said:

Looks pretty good. I don't have an Xbox currently, and several of the games shown look more comfortable to play with a controller over MK. Looking forward to it.

Unless they're exclusive to the console.

not like you cant find a used 360 controller for $20 and hook it up to your PC

Great update. Anything that makes better gaming easily accessible to more people is a plus in my books! 

Hopefully we see some major improvements to the Xbox UI/UX soon though. 

7 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Unless they're exclusive to the console.

not like you cant find a used 360 controller for $20 and hook it up to your PC

I have a 1080 and an xbox one controller already. I'll be buying a 4K blue ray player anyway once I get into my first appartment in a few months, and for an extra $200 bucks it's a deal. I don't want to spend another grand for another PC for the living room, and in home streaming I won't touch unless it is on Ethernet. Games like Sea of thieves, AC Origins, a few indy ones, all the backwards comparable games, and a few others look more appealing to me as couch games. After Sitting at a computer for 9 hours at work doing CAD, at the end of the day I don't always feel like sitting at a desk to game. Anything that is a competitive shooter will still stay on my PC, but a lot of stuff can be more relaxing to me with a controller.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

1 hour ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

662a7f3bc832ff7ea4507876d005bdcf.jpg.56b9a72c0a168b44310d3c0b46d14192.jpg - They are screwing the Halo franchise really well, but Halo Wars 2 was a nice game, well see what comes from Halo 6.

I personally thought that the last Halo game was one of the best in the series. Loved the 'back to basics' approach and it had a reasonably competent story line. 

1 minute ago, Belgarathian said:

I personally thought that the last Halo game was one of the best in the series. Loved the 'back to basics' approach and it had a reasonably competent story line. 

I'm looking forward to red dead.

I'm actually pleased by the price and design of the console.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

The only problem with the Xbox platform now is that it just doesn't have nice exclusives. Sure, Forza is nice and they have some indie-ish games (Ori 2 will be the best thing ever by the way), but when I think about anything they showed and then compare is to Uncharted, GoW and Last of Us it's pretty hard not to choose the PS4, even though the One X is definitely more powerful than the PS4 Pro.