Raid 1 help

I have a GIGABYTE GA-990X-GAMING SLI Socket AM3+ ik it supports raid but idk how can some one walk me through it Linus wasn't that help full for my motherboard

4 minutes ago, Cesar.gonz341 said:

I have a GIGABYTE GA-990X-GAMING SLI Socket AM3+ ik it supports raid but idk how can some one walk me through it Linus wasn't that help full for my motherboard

Have you enabled RAID in the BIOS? At that point it's just a matter of hitting the key to entre the RAID menu during boot, it's usually an F key. 

Yours faithfully

Why raid 1?

No reason to use raid 1 in the bios, If you want to keep your files safe, use backups. backups are much better as they will protect your data from things like randsom ware and accidental deleting.

as per the user manual:

Refer to Chapter 3, "Configuring a RAID Set," for instructions on configuring a RAID array.

B. Configuring SATA controller mode in BIOS Setup Make sure to configure the SATA controller mode correctly in system BIOS Setup. For the BIOS Setup menus, refer to Chapter 2, "BIOS Setup," "Peripherals." Steps:

1. Turn on your computer and press to enter BIOS Setup during the POST (Power-On Self-Test). Ensure OnChip SATA Controller is enabled under Peripherals. To enable RAID for the SATA3 0/1/2/3 connectors, set OnChip SATA Type to RAID. To enable RAID for the SATA3 4/SATA3 5 connectors, set OnChip SATA Type to RAID and set OnChip SATA Port4/5 Type to As SATA Type.
  2. If you want to configure UEFI RAID, follow the steps in "C-1." To enter the legacy RAID ROM, save the settings and exit BIOS Setup. Refer to "C-2" for more information.

Ok so I put my 2 1tb HDD in raid but it no longer gives me the option to boot off my ssd