Snowdrop - Green White liquid cooled PC Build in a TT Core P5 - [Build Log]

unbenann2t46zmf.png

PREAMBLE

I always wanted to build a white and green themed PC, which was somewhat of a problem at the beginning due to the lack of white and green components and also low budget.
But now I can finally tackle this problem.

I won't talk much around this as you're probably more interested in聽some pictures and specs.
If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'll answer them as soon as I can. If there are enough questions coming up I'll add more information to the post.

SPECIFICATIONS

• Intel Core i7 - 6700K
  • ASUS Z170 Sabertooth S
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 2800Mhz 16GB (4x4)
  • EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0
  • Corsair AX760i Power Supply
  • CableMod Custom Length PSU Cables Paracord White
  • Lian Li PC-O8 WX
    Replaced with Thermaltake Core P5 (black, now painted white)
  • Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB
  • Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB
  • Samsung 850 EVO SSD 128GB
  • NZXT AER RGB120 Fan
  • NZXT AER RGB120 Fan
  • NZXT AER RGB120 Fan
  • EKWB CoolStream SE360 Radiator
  • EKWB Supremecy EVO Original CSQ CPU Waterblock
  • XSPC Razor GTX 1080 GPU Waterblock
  • XSPC Razor GTX 1080 Backplate
  • Monsoon Hardline Hardlock Fittings
    Replaced with EKWB EK-HDC 12mm Fittings
    Replaced with AlphaCool 16mm HT聽Fittings
  • Monsoon Hardline Tubing 10/13mm
    Replaced with Bitspower Crystal Link 12/10mm Tubing
    Replaced with AlphaCool 16/13mm Tubing
  • Primochill CTR Phase 2 120mm Laing D5 Reservoir + Pump Combo
    Replaced with EK-XRES 140 DS (Original CSQ) + Pump Combo
  • Mayhems Ultra Pure H2O Liquid
  • Mayhems Emerald Green Dye

PICTURES & UPDATES

snowdrop09.august2016y0ldh.jpg

snowdrop77kqzm3.jpg

snowdrop12.juni201700xijzi.jpg

Update June 21st 2017

After having multiple problems with my pump and monsoon fittings I can finally present to you a first sneek peek.
I still have to add the green dye and make some slight modifikations, but it is almost done!

Excuse the bad picture quality - I'm just happy that I finally got there.

img_20170621_160429l9uvr.jpg

Update January 19th 2018

New year - new build? Well, I bought a new case and so聽I managed to finally continue this wild roallercoster of a build.
But this time I will actually聽post proper pictures of an actually green and white themed build - which will be hanging on a wall!
And for one I'm not just making empty promises聽- the build is basically done!

But for now I will only show you pictures of the case and fittings:

Thermaltake Core P5聽 聽/聽 聽AlphaCool HT 16mm

buildlog14.januar2018d7shi.jpg

buildlog19.januar2018ibssp.jpg

Update January 27th 2018

The build is comepleted and got its own little place on one of my walls.
Here are some pictures:

dsc_0110f0pf7.jpg

dsc_0111w6okv.jpg

dsc_0097xwr9d.jpg

This was one hell of a challenge, considering that it was my second hardline build聽ever.

I'm not quite happy with some of the bends, the lighting and the fluid and might change a few things here and there.
For everyone that thought about doing a hardline build I can only recommend to take your time!

Performance on the other hand is great as you can probably imagine with all the open space and that massive radiator.

• 4 weeks later...

This theme would work so much better if you paint that case. Its really easy to do and will make this look a tonne better!聽

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs Iced Blood 聽聽 Temporal Snow 聽聽 Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU -聽Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz聽 Motherboard -聽Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5聽聽 Ram -聽16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200聽聽GPU -聽Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium聽聽Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB,聽Seagate Barracuda 1TB聽聽 PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W聽聽Case -聽INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

12 hours ago, King42415 said:

How are you progressing? :)

(It's Suf :3 )

Hey Suf :3

I'm working on it. I'm so busy D:

I need to get a different D5 pump and then mount the reservoir to a different place, redo some bends (almost all of them) and then put in the green dye. So much work ._.

11 hours ago, stealth80 said:

This theme would work so much better if you paint that case. Its really easy to do and will make this look a tonne better!聽

Painting the case is quite dificult since I can't take it apart and I don't think I want to paint it, simply because I might change the color scheme in the future.

Good idea nontheless :)

2 hours ago, Senzelian said:

Painting the case is quite dificult since I can't take it apart and I don't think I want to paint it, simply because I might change the color scheme in the future.

Good idea nontheless :)

You can do it assembled, I would think some of the stuff is removable and some are riveted. I did my case assembled (admittedly only the inside) and sprayed the whole of my old Thermaltake X9 - but I agree, if you aren't 100% set on the colour scheme then it would be risky!聽

:)

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs Iced Blood 聽聽 Temporal Snow 聽聽 Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU -聽Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz聽 Motherboard -聽Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5聽聽 Ram -聽16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200聽聽GPU -聽Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium聽聽Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB,聽Seagate Barracuda 1TB聽聽 PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W聽聽Case -聽INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/07/2017 at 10:13 AM, Senzelian said:

Hey Suf :3

I'm working on it. I'm so busy D:

I need to get a different D5 pump and then mount the reservoir to a different place, redo some bends (almost all of them) and then put in the green dye. So much work ._.

Bit late here, but that sounds like quite the load. Good luck with it ;P

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, King42415 said:

How's it been going?

I have absoluty no time Suf! :< And don't really have money left to throw at the loop right now. (Saving up for a Nissan R32) :P
I promise to get back at it at some point and update this thread - but I have no clue when... Maybe around chistmas? :S

4 hours ago, Senzelian said:

I have absoluty no time Suf! :< And don't really have money left to throw at the loop right now. (Saving up for a Nissan R32) :P
I promise to get back at it at some point and update this thread - but I have no clue when... Maybe around chistmas? :S

I think it looks really good so far, judging from the pics in the opening post.

But I don't quite get it, is the build functional right now or is your current pump broken?

15 hours ago, chilicheeseburger said:

I think it looks really good so far, judging from the pics in the opening post.

But I don't quite get it, is the build functional right now or is your current pump broken?

It is completely functional.聽

The pump is just running a bit loud, the tubing is not properly mounted as I would like it to be and the green fluid is not in yet.聽

I want also to increase cooling capacity by either adding another rad or using a push pull configuration. The NZXT fans I got now are not exactly great performance wise.聽

On 08/10/2017 at 6:24 PM, Senzelian said:

lol, good luck with it then bro :D

• 3 months later...

Update January 19th 2018

I began a new build in a new case and new watercooling components!

I'm sorry for this chaotic build log that basically lead nowhere. But this time it will all be different!聽^_^

Update January 27th 2018

Build is complete - I guess :S

There is always something to change and it's never quite complete. I already have plans to improve the build and also plans for a completly new build - probably without a buildlog tho as this is more work than I thought. :P

Was fun nontheless! :)