Can I run forza horizon 3 ???

Doge18
Go to solution Solved by leelaa14,

Horizon 3 ran really bad up until the latest patch which improves it by a lot. Though I'm not sure how well you can run it. If you get it from the windows store you can refund it. Not as easy as steam refunds, but I managed to get a refund for gears of war 4.

Edit, there's also a demo, though I'm not sure if that uses the latest patch.

Can I run Forza Horizon 3 ? I want ti buy it but I don't know if it runs ... 

I have i3 4160 8 GB ram and a GTX 760 2 GB.

I dont want ultra settings as you see.

Please help

Just 'run' it? Yes you can run it.

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Just 'run' it? Yes you can run it.

I mean if I will get more than 30 fps on medium or something ...

its hard to play at ultra u can play at high and get aroun 45fbs i gess

You're fine, so long as you're not trying to run it at like 4k or something. Might have to turn down a few settings from high, but it should still run pretty well.

EDIT: NORMALLY...Racing games in general run extremely easy, theres very little in the way that's loaded outside of the road, so even consoles often hold 60fps on them with decent settings. H3 is a mess on pc lol... shit ports are shit ports.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Just now, shady ahmed said:

its hard to play at ultra u can play at high and get aroun 45fbs i gess

I said I dont want ultra 

5 minutes ago, Atmos said:

You're fine, so long as you're not trying to run it at like 4k or something. Might have to turn down a few settings from high, but it should still run pretty well.

Racing games in general run extremely easy, theres very little in the way that's loaded outside of the road, so even consoles often hold 60fps on them with decent settings.

You clearly havent played the mess that is horizon 3

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

That's why Im asking

Just now, Doge18 said:

That's why Im asking

With my i5 and a GTX 960 I managed to get a somewhat consistent 60fps on medium so aiming for 30 at those settings should be about doable.

Its basically a lottery tbh

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Welp, I retract my statement. Figured microsoft wouldn't fuck up so badly, but H3 is a pile of garbage port.

They didn't even change how the game handles memory from the xb1 to pc, it still sees ram and vram as being unified lol.

On that note, low settings, no AA, you should still be able to get away with it. The big issue with the game isnt gpu, but cpu, being that the game stresses a single core extremely heavily, and when it gets stressed that hard the game turns into a stuttery mess across all platforms.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Just now, Atmos said:

Welp, I retract my statement. Figured microsoft wouldn't fuck up so badly, but H3 is a pile of garbage port.

They didn't even change how the game handles memory from the xb1 to pc, it still sees ram and vram as being unified lol.

On that note, low settings, no AA, you should still be able to get away with it. The big issue with the game isnt gpu, but cpu, being that the game stresses a single core extremely heavily, and when it gets stressed that hard the game turns into a stuttery mess across all platforms.

Its gotten better with recent patches, its less a mess more of just, idk, a bit rough still I guess is the term.

I mean my game still crashes all the time and my system is by no means shit

4 minutes ago, Atmos said:

So I will run it on low and I will get around 60?

2 minutes ago, Doge18 said:

So I will run it on low and I will get around 60?

Well, I can say people manage to play it relatively fine with a 4670k and a 760 2gb, holding medium settings with some AA at about 30fps.

Turn that AA off to help with stress on the streaming core 0, turn some settings down from medium to low to help with data streaming as well, and you should be able to hold about 30fps I'd estimate.

Just now, Atmos said:

Well, I can say people manage to play it relatively fine with a 4670k and a 760 2gb, holding medium settings with some AA at about 30fps.

Turn that AA off to help with stress on the streaming core 0, turn some settings down from medium to low to help with data streaming as well, and you should be able to hold about 30fps I'd estimate.

Thank you

Horizon 3 ran really bad up until the latest patch which improves it by a lot. Though I'm not sure how well you can run it. If you get it from the windows store you can refund it. Not as easy as steam refunds, but I managed to get a refund for gears of war 4.

Edit, there's also a demo, though I'm not sure if that uses the latest patch.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000