Which 4K monitor ? LG 27UD88-W vs Asus pg27AQ

Delbane

I'm currently looking for a 4k IPS panel, and wondering which one to pick between these two ? Which one would give me the best picture quality ? I use a 1080 ti so the PG27AQ is tempting me with G-SYNC, but on the other end I have a macbook pro with USB-C so the LG is tempting also because it has a USB-C port. The LG 27UD88-W also has much thinner bezels. I'm really wondering which one would give me the best picture quality. Both have really good reviews and I really can't decide which one ? 

Let me know what you think !

Thanks

Honestly if you have a macbook you should probably get the LG. Picture quality is great on both and it's hard to say which is best without seeing them side by side (furthermore it's a matter of opinion up to a certain extent). I actually have an LG 27UD68 (which is basically the same thing without USB-C and with a crappier stand) and I can confirm it's a very good monitor.

I would not invest on a g-sync monitor to be honest, it locks you in to one vendor and really affects the final price.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

11 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Honestly if you have a macbook you should probably get the LG. Picture quality is great on both and it's hard to say which is best without seeing them side by side (furthermore it's a matter of opinion up to a certain extent). I actually have an LG 27UD68 (which is basically the same thing without USB-C and with a crappier stand) and I can confirm it's a very good monitor.

I would not invest on a g-sync monitor to be honest, it locks you in to one vendor and really affects the final price.

Would you think there is a big difference in picture quality with these specs :  contrast ratio the LG is 5m:1 if i'm correct but the Asus is 20m:1 and also 1 billion colors on the asus versus 16.7million on the LG? 

The Asus is also true 10 bit and the LG is "only" 8 bit+FRC

3 minutes ago, Delbane said:

Would you think there is a big difference in picture quality with these specs :  contrast ratio the LG is 5m:1 if i'm correct but the Asus is 20m:1 and also 1 billion colors on the asus versus 16.7million on the LG? 

The Asus is also true 10 bit and the LG is "only" 8 bit+FRC

Yes, 10bit colour (which is what produces the extra colours) does make a difference, however it's mostly something professionals will use and you may not even notice. I am not sure what the price difference is for you, technically the asus is a better panel, but it's probably not worth spending 400+$ on over the LG. I also don't think the macbook will be able to output 10bit colour (although I'm not sure), so you may end up not taking advantage of the extra features all that much.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*