DT 990 pro - What Amp?

Jeags

Hi,

I have just purchased a pair of dt 990 pro's and was wondering what amp is best to power them since they are 250 ohm. I have a NAD L53 that I don't use much and was wondering if I could use that instead of buying a new headphone amp. Below is the list of specifications and since I don't know that much about audio, was wondering if anyone could help?

https://www.cnet.com/products/nad-l53-dvd-receiver/specs/

Thanks,

Joe  

I don't think you require an amp, cos new hardware (pc mobos) can power them up to good volumes. If you do need one, i would recommend to get Schiit Fulla 2..

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

I have the same headphones and all devices can drive them without any issue. However, I also have Fulla 2 and if you need some extra volume, that thingy can deliver it. Even with Fulla, I don't go over the maximum volume that can be produced by eg. PC. Everything above is just way too loud.

Thanks for all the help. My final question is, if most devices can run them without an issue, can they run through my NAD L53 fine?

Thanks again for the help!

Joe