Server Doesn't See 3 SATA Drives

Hello, and thank you to anyone who is able to help me.

Essentially, my Intel S5000PSL server board will not see 3 off the SATA drives that I am connected to the board. I intend to create a 6 drive RAID array, and with the board having 6 ports, that should be easy after creating the appropriate boot disk, but beyond seeing SATA ports 0 and 1, and SAS/SATA port 0/2, no more drives. I tries all the other ports, and all different cables to test, and nothing is working. I am unsure if there is some sort of key I need to activate the other ports, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. 

Thank you for any assistance provided. 

Just checking, are the ports enabled in the BIOS, have you tried a different port, and have you tried different cables to see if something is dead?

On 6/9/2017 at 9:05 PM, BlackHoleFox said:

Just checking, are the ports enabled in the BIOS, have you tried a different port, and have you tried different cables to see if something is dead?

Ya, I made sure the SATA ports are enabled, and replacing the cables, and checking the drives on a test bench. All Drives are in shape, and essentially on my board there are 4 SAS/SATA ports and 2 only SATA ports, and while both only SATA ports are working, only 1 or the former (SAS/SATA) ports are showing up in both Windows and BIOS

Untitled.png

S5000PSL.pdf

Have you had a look in the RAID bios? (ctrl+e) 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

On 6/11/2017 at 0:38 AM, Jarsky said:

Have you had a look in the RAID bios? (ctrl+e) 

Is that even an option with my board? I haven't heard of that before, I didn't even know that existed. I have booted from the Intel Deployment Assistant (IDA), but beyond that, nothing. Even in the normal BIOS and IDA, the extra hard drives aren't seen.

• 11 months later...

I'm having exactly same problem with same motherboard - Intel S5000PSLSASR. My config is:
dual Xeon X5355, 64Gb RAM, 2x120Gb SSD ADATA SU650 and one 128Gb SSD Samsung or DVD-ROM. I'm unable to connect more than 3 drives, but I've done some reading on this motherboard. 1064e SAS RAID controller can switch lanes between ports, and it can even assign all lanes to a single port. Which is what probably happens. Apparently all 4 blue SAS ports work, but only one at once. I've tried sticking different devices using different cables into all four ports. Any device, with any cable (including SATA1 cables) can work in any port, but only one device at once. I haven't tried to install RAID utilities for windows yet, just installed windows server 2016 essentials today, but will update on this issue if I get it resolved or find a reason behind this epic mess of incompatibility.