WIDEST monitor evah' || By Samsung

THE_maverick
4 minutes ago, The 6th Summoner said:

Exactly , no one does it well and I hate to admit it  but Apple does it best

I get what you are trying to say , it would be really cool y imagine just essentially disabling pixels on the screen at will ; however , it's unlikely anyone is working on such stuff with very specific use cases

Well, ultrawides are gaining traction and window management is feeling stale.

Maybe I should go and patent this idea. >_>

Just now, The 6th Summoner said:

Here's a closer look at Samsung's CHG90 software.

This is probably Samsung's attempt on what you are describing ; where they are creating what is basically a free-form grid of monitors within their massively wide monitor 

It probably is, but the problem to me is I don't want another app to install.

Plus it makes full screen gaming awkward.

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Well, ultrawides are gaining traction and window management is feeling stale.

Maybe I should go and patent this idea. >_>

It probably is, but the problem to me is I don't want another app to install.

Plus it makes full screen gaming awkward.

Well I agree on the app issue but it is at least a start.
And for the gaming part well u will get used to it or not even use it while gaming 
I believe it would be very beneficial for streamers especially they will not longer need a separate monitor to just see chat

Before you reply , wait a couple of minutes after the post's time stamp since I usually edit right after posting. Also please read the post carefully.

Current Rig:

Intel i7-7700k @ Stock / ASUS STRIX Z270E / NZXT Kraken x62 / 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3000 Corsair Vengeance RGB LED / Samsung 960 Evo 250GB / WD Blue 1TB / Seasonic-X 650w / Windows 10 Pro x64

I'd much rather purchase 2 or 3 1080p displays.

These are going to be too expensive to be worth it.  This is going to approach the price of a solid 4k monitor, which makes no sense to buy into right now.

1 minute ago, elkenrod said:

I'd much rather purchase 2 or 3 1080p displays.

These are going to be too expensive to be worth it.  This is going to approach the price of a solid 4k monitor, which makes no sense to buy into right now.

Well, you do get other high end features like 95% DCI-3 support, 600+ nits, and I'm hoping they're actually using QDs as the pixel element and not the backlight element and seeing how Samsung is offering a lifetime warranty on their existing QD displays (which I'm also guessing are pixel QDs), what you're basically getting is an OLED that doesn't burn-in.

2 hours ago, lvh1 said:

That game you're talking about must be horribly optimized.

I for example play battlefield 1 all the time at 5760x1080 (with a 1080) which is even more demanding than this monitor and it runs at 70-80 fps on ultra settings. And it's not exactly an easy to run game.

I highly doubt that... 5760x1080 is basically double 1440p and a 1080 is what you need to maintain 60+FPS at near max settings. No drops.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I actually love it ! For games with wide range of view this would be awesome.

For Battlefield this would be nice if u could have better view than other players (otherwise it defeats the purpose of having such wide monitor)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

11 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

I highly doubt that... 5760x1080 is basically double 1440p and a 1080 is what you need to maintain 60+FPS at near max settings. No drops.

@4k

a 1080 gets you over 60FPS @ 5760x1080 just fine.

Not sure what to think of this monitor.

On the plus side:

• First freesync 2 monitor on the market. This means low latency, HDR, Low framerate compensation (so works down to 30hz or lower), and HDR conversion (lookup table) handled by the GPU for even lower input latency.
  • HDR. So quantum dots, high contrast, high light output (600nits), wide colour gamut.
  • Can replace 2 monitors. Without the middle bezel, you could game on fullscreen, or just decide how much space is for gaming or other things.

Negative side:

• Too expensive for what you get. As in way too expensive.
  • Backlight does not seem to have zones like the new AUO based ultrawide HDR monitors coming out from Asus and Acer.
  • Vertical resolution way too low for today's standards. This also means the size of the pixels are too large.
  • MAYBE the HDR is not really 10bit panel. Would not be the first time Samsung derps (34" 790 anyone?).

Anyways Samsung is supposed to release a 44" super ultrawide, which is 3840x1200. Still not a high vertical resolution, but at least it's better. Question is if it will be freesync 2, proper HDR, etc.

Honestly, I just want a freesync 2 monitor based on AUO's panel at this point.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

*buys 3 and puts them in surround*

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

2 minutes ago, christianled59 said:

Is it nice, where you are? Do they have visitation hours?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Its basically a really big 4K curved screen but with the top half cut off..

or two 1080p screens side by side, flush with no bezel.

If someone uses this for league or dota

They would almost be invulnerable to ganks

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

can we get this side enough to be 3 monitors with no bezel? 48:9

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

11 hours ago, christianled59 said:

Along doughnut shape desk!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

Along doughnut shape desk!

maxresdefault.jpg.9eaeacd5e598ad749ff36bb1fde0065f.jpg

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Imagine the timeline scrubbing possibilities though.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I would buy the hell out of this Monitor if it didn't cost nearly 3x the amount of just simply buying two separate 1080p Monitors.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

On 6/10/2017 at 5:17 AM, domandric034 said:

Imagine 3 of these in surround xD

New gen VR

Acer has us covered. 

acer-predator-x34-hero.jpg?itok=7_ppNQi-

it is not wide enough. needs to be wider and shorter.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Whilst this is cool, at $1499 that is way too expensive; My triple 24" 16:10's (Dell U2415) combined were less than this.

To be fair, this Samsung does offer 144Hz (vs 60) and is curved, but it's still a double-wide 1080p (16:9) that is more expensive than a triple 1200p (16:10) setup.

Hmm .. doing the math it would seem it's equivalent to around two 27-28" monitors at 16:9 (compared to 3x 24" for the setup I'm using) which I guess makes the price tag slightly more fair, though at that size (and price) I'd very much expect it be 1440p rather than 1080p still.

Though regardless, would still prefer a triple-wide monitor if they hope to sell me something like this.

------------------------ Liquidfox R3 ------------------------

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

People here complaining...

First of all $1500 is definitely expensive.

Secondly, there's no other vendor that sells basically the same thing so Samsung demands whatever price it demands...

Features of course is that this thing is using Samsung's very own Quantum Dot Technology which is more widely found in their TVs. QLED rivals OLED, there isn't even a well known OLED monitor here that is 144Hz.

Lastly, Samsung just basically cut a 3840x2160 panel in half and markets it like it's the future and all.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."