Good $100 Headsets?

Woodman567

Hello! I am looking for good suggestions on a gaming headset for around $100.

The Hyper Cloud2 and Sennheiser GSP-300 are both good options

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019--- Rainbow 馃 2020---Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---Blue Build Post---Blue Build Post 2018---Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k聽聽 聽MotherboardGigabyte Z97N-WIFI聽 聽聽RAMG.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz聽聽 聽GPUEVGA GTX1080Ti聽FTW3聽 聽聽CaseCorsair 380T聽 聽

StorageSamsung EVO 250GB,聽Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB,聽WD Black 5TB聽聽 聽PSUCorsair CX750M聽 聽聽CoolingCryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I don't recommend HyperX Cloud / Cloud II / CloudX because they have a small soundstage, bad imaging, and the fidelity sounds compressed.

I recommend Superlux HD668B with velour earpads from HiFiMAN and Antlion ModMic 4.0; it has a big soundstage and聽good imaging and clarity.

Another option might be Philips SHP9500 with V-Moda BoomPro mic.

52 minutes ago, YBPT said:

Do you need a built-in mic? 聽If you don't, go with the Audio Technica ATH-M40X.

I second this, im wearing them right now xD

4 hours ago, Tacanacy said:

I don't recommend HyperX Cloud / Cloud II / CloudX because they have a small soundstage, bad imaging, and the fidelity sounds compressed.

I recommend Superlux HD668B with velour earpads from HiFiMAN and Antlion ModMic 4.0; it has a big soundstage and聽good imaging and clarity.

Another option might be Philips SHP9500 with V-Moda BoomPro mic.

I cannot recommend the Superlux HD668B with an honest face. Yeah, it's no doubt a really good headphone. But the ergonomics aren't so good. So you have to bend/stretch the headband so that it doesn't dig into your skull and cause headaches. Also, the treble can be really aggressive. It is recommended to stuff toilet paper into the earpads聽to soften things up a little.聽

It's a good headphone...just not out of the box!

At the very least the Phililps SHP 9500 is comfortable out of the box and doesn't have aggressive treble. The treble can also be a little too sharp but it's nowhere near as bad as a Superlux. And it's quite inoffensive at reasonable volumes. 聽

24 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

I cannot recommend the Superlux HD668B with an honest face. Yeah, it's no doubt a really good headphone. But the ergonomics aren't so good. So you have to bend/stretch the headband so that it doesn't dig into your skull and cause headaches. Also, the treble can be really aggressive. It is recommended to stuff toilet paper into the earpads聽to soften things up a little.聽

It's a good headphone...just not out of the box!

It's comfortable on my聽head. And I don't notice aggressive treble -- even with the Schiit stack.聽

I looked at the ATH-M40X and ModMic and almost went with it, but it went over budget a bit much, and didn't want to go used, so I went with the Cloud II's from HyperX because they have great performance and are built well for the price.