Steam client Raspberry PI Debian?

Hey I'm trying to stream games from my PC to raspberry PI. The problem is I can't use "moonlight' I have have an AMD GPU. Any work arounds for this? Thanks!

steam on raspberry = doesn't happen

maybe there is some sort of VNC software that can stream games with acceptable latency but i don't know any

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

maybe there is some sort of VNC software that can stream games with acceptable latency but i don't know any

Thanks, I'll have a look

1 minute ago, KenjiUmino said:

yes it does 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

yes it does 

Awesome! Thank you :)

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yes it does 

both solutions use moonlight ... 

... but ... 

1 hour ago, Aztec said:

The problem is I can't use "moonlight' I have have an AMD GPU.

so no moonlight, right ??

and a native steam client for the pi is not existing, right?

4 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

(cough cough)

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/tag/steam-machine/

i have a streaming setup with a pi zero, runs perfectly fine

no problems or "doesn't happen"

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

with an amd gpu, you're sadly out of luck.

the only real alternative to Moonlight, steam inhome streaming, which doesnt work on an arm processor.

HOWEVER

you can get a steam link for like $20, which is a dedicated device for it.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

On 9.6.2017 at 3:25 AM, samiscool51 said:

(cough cough)

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/tag/steam-machine/

i have a streaming setup with a pi zero, runs perfectly fine

no problems or "doesn't happen"

another one who did not understand the OP .... here is a quote from where the link points to: 

Setup:
You’ll first need to install the latest Rasbian from here:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/

Next download Limelight Embedded. Grab the latest limelight.jar and libopus.so from here:
https://github.com/irtimmer/limelight…

Make sure that your gaming PC has an NVIDIA GTX 600+ graphics card and GeForce Experience installed.

aaaaaaand .... there is the problem ... limelight = moonlight = needs a host with nvidia card

if you have nvidia card = no problem ... but ... i quote again:

On 8.6.2017 at 10:44 PM, Aztec said:

The problem is I can't use "moonlight' I have have an AMD GPU.

so ... does anyone know a way to stream games to a raspi that does NOT require a nvidia gpu ?

2 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

so ... does anyone know a way to stream games to a raspi that does NOT require a nvidia gpu ?

you should able to install steam by entering: "sudo apt-get steam" in the terminal...

it should install the correct version for you....

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

On 6/9/2017 at 3:31 AM, Tsuki said:

with an amd gpu, you're sadly out of luck.

the only real alternative to Moonlight, steam inhome streaming, which doesnt work on an arm processor.

HOWEVER

you can get a steam link for like $20, which is a dedicated device for it.

I might have to do that :)

On 10.6.2017 at 8:05 AM, samiscool51 said:

you should able to install steam by entering: "sudo apt-get steam" in the terminal...

it should install the correct version for you....

wich is none because there is no steam client for ARM cpus

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm from Parsec, and very late to this thread.  Our Raspberry Pi app works great (we think), we'd love for you to try it and let us know what you think.  We use the hardware decoder to run at 1080P60, and the benefit with Parsec is that you get to see the server PC desktop too.

20 hours ago, JamesStringer said:

Hey guys, I'm from Parsec, and very late to this thread.  Our Raspberry Pi app works great (we think), we'd love for you to try it and let us know what you think.  We use the hardware decoder to run at 1080P60, and the benefit with Parsec is that you get to see the server PC desktop too.

Hey, does this work with any GPU?

23 hours ago, JamesStringer said:

23 hours ago, JamesStringer said:

I've just downloaded it and installed it on to my RP3. I have no idea how to run it/set it up. Can you give me a hand please? Thanks! 

15 hours ago, Aztec said:

Hey, does this work with any GPU?

Hey bud, 

It works with any recent GPU, we use hardware video encoding (so NVIDIA NVENC, Intel QuickSync and AMD VCE) so the GPU needs to be able to support that.  On the client side we require decent hardware decoding (you can do CPU decode on client too but we don't guarantee performance) - most graphics chipsets sold in the last 5 years support hardware video decode at that level (Mac, PC, Linux).  For Pi builds, you're better off with a Pi 3 as it's decoder chip is up to the task.  

And as for the Raspberry Pi, you need to head to https://Parsec.tv/downloads and get the new Rpi3 client, once downloaded, open it by double clicking. It'll want to install, you'll need to enter your password (the default RPi3 username Pi, Password: Raspberry).

Once installed, head to the file browser and go to /usr/bin and there should be parsec in there, double click it and execute in terminal.  Enter your parsec login details, and then press the number associated with the PC you want to connect to (assuming you've downloaded the Windows app to your gaming PC and allowed connections).

To disconnect you need to hit Ctrl + Alt + ~

We have a discord channel if you need help (all staff are on it most of the time), I won't link it here in fear of retribution :) but it's on our website

7 hours ago, JamesStringer said:

And as for the Raspberry Pi, you need to head to https://Parsec.tv/downloads and get the new Rpi3 client, once downloaded, open it by double clicking. It'll want to install, you'll need to enter your password (the default RPi3 username Pi, Password: Raspberry).

Once installed, head to the file browser and go to /usr/bin and there should be parsec in there, double click it and execute in terminal.  Enter your parsec login details, and then press the number associated with the PC you want to connect to (assuming you've downloaded the Windows app to your gaming PC and allowed connections).

To disconnect you need to hit Ctrl + Alt + ~

We have a discord channel if you need help (all staff are on it most of the time), I won't link it here in fear of retribution :) but it's on our website

Thank you! :) Much appreciated. Is there anyway to make the client work that's running Windows 7? (sorry, I personally dislike Windows 8/10)

33 minutes ago, Aztec said:

Thank you! :) Much appreciated. Is there anyway to make the client work that's running Windows 7? (sorry, I personally dislike Windows 8/10)

No sorry, Windows 7 is missing the required functionality that enables our product to work :(

13 minutes ago, JamesStringer said:

No sorry, Windows 7 is missing the required functionality that enables our product to work :(

:( May I ask what exactly the functionality is please? 

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:38 AM, Aztec said:

:( May I ask what exactly the functionality is please? 

Hey - There are some WDDM features that aren't fully supported in Win7 (or at least not supported by every install) - one of them is the display duplication API which we require.