Sennheiser GSP 350 vs 373d

The_Phenomenal_One

My Steelseries Siberia V3s are dying (Faulty driver in the headset) so I need to pick up a new pair. I am going with Sennheiser because apparently they are the best. So I got my mind made up on the brand, my question is what should I pick up? The GSP 350 is cheaper of course that is a pro but does it lack anything the 373D has?

Why do you think Sennheiser is the best? what are you using it for? Sennheiser is amazing for music & movie feelings, but for gaming its a real no go. Tell us a bit more about where/what it is for, and yes there are differences between 350 and 373 but they might not matter for your use.

30 minutes ago, Dakpan said:

Why do you think Sennheiser is the best? what are you using it for? Sennheiser is amazing for music & movie feelings, but for gaming its a real no go. Tell us a bit more about where/what it is for, and yes there are differences between 350 and 373 but they might not matter for your use.

Gaming. Apparently game devs use Sennheiser equipment to record, and I have yet to see  abad review for them

Game devs is a completely different target audience than gaming tho.

Gaming isn't a audience, you should explain which games, what genres etc. FPS will ask for a gaming headset with surround sound, LOL will ask for a less speaker higher intensity headset, WOW could do with a cheap headset.

Neither would honestly be recommended. The GSP 300, however good it might be, is still closed-back, which isn't ideal for positional audio. The 373D is good except it's quite expensive and comes with a worthless "surround" dongle. The Game One is essentially a 373D without the dongle and can be bought significantly cheaper, around $60 used.or $150 new on eBay. 

I'm guessing you're after headsets and wouldn't be interested in headphones+microphone?

1 hour ago, Dakpan said:

Game devs is a completely different target audience than gaming tho.

Gaming isn't a audience, you should explain which games, what genres etc. FPS will ask for a gaming headset with surround sound, LOL will ask for a less speaker higher intensity headset, WOW could do with a cheap headset.

See here is the thing I play many genres. I want a good all around headset.

53 minutes ago, The_Phenomenal_One said:

Hyper X Cloud 1 or 2. 

2 hours ago, seduce_me said:

Hyper X Cloud 1 or 2. 

this

5 hours ago, The_Phenomenal_One said:

I have been using the stereo Sennheiser PC360 open headset for a good while now. It's great in gaming IMO. i just tweak the bass down a little to help the already excellent sound direction in FPS games.

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF

4 hours ago, ShoshinUK said:

I have been using the stereo Sennheiser PC360 open headset for a good while now. It's great in gaming IMO. i just tweak the bass down a little to help the already excellent sound direction in FPS games.

Awesome! I am wanting to move on to surround sound though that is why I wanted one of those two.

3 hours ago, The_Phenomenal_One said:

Awesome! I am wanting to move on to surround sound though that is why I wanted one of those two.

Virtual surround sound isn't very good, and a solution with no analog input such as on the 373D should be seen as a negative rather than a positive. The natural imaging and soundstage of open-backed headphones will do far more for your perception of spatial audio than software will – most games already have positional audio built-in; all additional surround software does is exaggerate it, making a space emulate a large room but decreasing your ability to precisely pick out the locations of sources within that space. 

44 minutes ago, Nimrodor said:

Virtual surround sound isn't very good, and a solution with no analog input such as on the 373D should be seen as a negative rather than a positive. The natural imaging and soundstage of open-backed headphones will do far more for your perception of spatial audio than software will – most games already have positional audio built-in; all additional surround software does is exaggerate it, making a space emulate a large room but decreasing your ability to precisely pick out the locations of sources within that space. 

So the Game One is the best? What about the Hyper X Cloud 2? I don't wanna end up with a shitty headset again, so I want to make sure I get all my info

18 minutes ago, The_Phenomenal_One said:

So the Game One is the best? What about the Hyper X Cloud 2? I don't wanna end up with a shitty headset again, so I want to make sure I get all my info

Game One is the same as 373D except with a 3.5mm instead of USB. You're essentially paying less for a more convenient interface.

2 minutes ago, Nimrodor said:

Game One is the same as 373D except with a 3.5mm instead of USB. You're essentially paying less for a more convenient interface.

I think I might go witht the 301/300 for The 3.5 mm cable plus its 100$ and it is better than the hyper X at that price.

Just now, The_Phenomenal_One said:

I think I might go witht the 301/300 for The 3.5 mm cable plus its 100$ and it is better than the hyper X at that price.

It's nowhere near as good. The Game headsets are based on the Sennheiser 5X8/9 platform; the GSP's use their own cheaper custom drivers. If you're gaming, the most important thing is soundstage and imaging, and the Games will excel at that because they're open-backed.

1 hour ago, Nimrodor said:

It's nowhere near as good. The Game headsets are based on the Sennheiser 5X8/9 platform; the GSP's use their own cheaper custom drivers. If you're gaming, the most important thing is soundstage and imaging, and the Games will excel at that because they're open-backed.

I just don't want to drop 250$ on the game ones or the 373 now I think about it

23 minutes ago, The_Phenomenal_One said:

If you're only working with $100 you'd be better off with Philips SHP9500's ($55) and a Vmoda Boompro microphone ($30). 

23 hours ago, The_Phenomenal_One said:

Massdrop has the PC37X they are basically modified 598 drivers with a boom mic at $120, which is a bargain imo for an all in one solution.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

• 1 month later...

For anyone else browing this thread, definitely go with nicobombai's suggestion for the pc37x on massdrop. They are for sure better than the cloud ii which i have tested myself. they are open back and the positional audio is amazing. They have even become my daily drivers over ath m50's and denon d400's