"AMD Rx Vega - Apple debuts two Vega GPUs unveiling the specs for July's gaming cards"

Tigermanic
36 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

They both use same GPU and specially HBM2 too which is not easy to get. Thus limited availability in start. So they want to sell pro counterparts first for higher margins. The consumer RX after, optimized for games and being faster. 

there is one thing though, hbm2 for consumers will probably use mostly the 4gb chips (for 8gb total) while the pro versions come with 8gb chips, so hbm2 supply won't be that much affected

edit: i forgot to say that apple will be using slower hbm2, at 400gbps, which also means the faster chips will be used for consumer vega /FE 

46 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

there is one thing though, hbm2 for consumers will probably use mostly the 4gb chips (for 8gb total) while the pro versions come with 8gb chips, so hbm2 supply won't be that much affected

edit: i forgot to say that apple will be using slower hbm2, at 400gbps, which also means the faster chips will be used for consumer vega /FE 

Yeah, consumer Vega 4GB packages, but I wouldn't be surprised that 8GB ones (16GB total) for consumer RX Vega would come later on though. I remember it was hinted before though. So not on launch, but potentially after some time and when they can have more than enough HBM2 stock.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

23 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Yeah, consumer Vega 4GB packages, but I wouldn't be surprised that 8GB ones (16GB total) for consumer RX Vega would come later on though. I remember it was hinted before though. So not on launch, but potentially after some time and when they can have more than enough HBM2 stock.

We also don't know what later revised models of RX Vega will bring.  Though 4 Gb + 8 Gb are likely the first round.

I'm still surprised we've heard nothing about how many SKUs there is going to be. Chatter, in general, on the topic has been really low.

6 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

We also don't know what later revised models of RX Vega will bring.  Though 4 Gb + 8 Gb are likely the first round.

I'm still surprised we've heard nothing about how many SKUs there is going to be. Chatter, in general, on the topic has been really low.

probably two gpu configs one with 64 cus one with 56 cus, but this time we will probably see custom cards using the full chip

11 hours ago, Humbug said:

Previous AMD tflops : performance ratio are no longer valid with Vega. Below video explains why.

This is the most radical GCN iteration yet

Look. I note that they are going to be better... But AMD said the same thing with Polaris, and well, it still wasn't close to enough. 

Point is, compute to gaming ratio is not going to hit parity with Nvidia in a single generation, and they need parity just to not be behind by a full generation.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

3 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Look. I note that they are going to be better... But AMD said the same thing with Polaris, and well, it still wasn't close to enough. 

Point is, compute to gaming ratio is not going to hit parity with Nvidia in a single generation, and they need parity just to not be behind by a full generation.

what they have done this time is a lot more significant than what hey did before, by a long shot,

plus the reason why the fury x for example in some games is so much faster than normal is because most of those games use compute to do graphics effects instead of other hardware gpus have, amd has been limited as always by their foward thinking design, that needs devs to learn to code for,( amd has much more compute per shader than nvidea)

now they supposedly have doubled the geometry output per clock (ipc) which by it self should even the playing field as nvidea loves to use tessellation to extremes just to hurt amd, and now they will be able to keep up.

next the rasterizer,( fiji was a brute force machine like a pure v8, vega is like the same block but refined it uses turbos to have better mileage ..) it allows less work to be done when making the frame by not rendering triangles that wont be visible in the final scene ( like how minecraft without caves runs much faster), also helps with tessellation, and should help a lot with big maps (like gta)

The point is: AMD needs to release it ASAP and in good quantities.

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

a reminder to those; personal attacks are not allowed and if it continues, they will be dealt with with consequences.

now that is crystal clear, keep it on topic and not ego inflating.