HP Omen adds VEGA 10 graphics

NumLock21
1 minute ago, cj09beira said:

it will be at the very least 1080 perf, there is no way its around 1070 perf, unless you are talking about the cut down version

You're having your hopes high. Keep expectations low so you can be happen when it releases, because in doing so you'll make sure it'll preform better than you thought ;)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 hours ago, laminutederire said:

Question is: 1×VEGA = 2× 1080 or 1× VEGA = 2× 580?

1 VEGA = 4x 480.

Mid Vega will probably land between 1070 and 1080. Hopefully, it'll stack up fairly well against Volta.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, TheRandomness said:

You're having your hopes high. Keep expectations low so you can be happen when it releases, because in doing so you'll make sure it'll preform better than you thought ;)

no i am not, i am keeping them realistic, even if it was a polaris chip it would be faster than a 1070, there are many innovations in vega that should also improve on the problems that the fiji had such as low geometry output, ROP inefficiencies and low compute unit utilization

6 minutes ago, BuckGup said:

Exspensive for AMD is basically Nvidia pricing 

well not really, but also kind of. depends on where you are looking on the GPU side, top end sure, mid end and low end nope

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

This is nice news but I think the more relevant one is the new imac thing that has Vega chips on it: Apple is big enough that they could have also contributed to the chip delays so that's nice if AMD is actually getting some cash and this wasn't entirely cause of HBM2 like we previously thought

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

This is nice news but I think the more relevant one is the new imac thing that has Vega chips on it: Apple is big enough that they could have also contributed to the chip delays so that's nice if AMD is actually getting some cash and this wasn't entirely cause of HBM2 like we previously thought

we still haven't seen a vega card with 2ghz hbm2 soo.

but it might be, remember last time we didn't get the full polaris 11, it was being sold to apple

11 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

we still haven't seen a vega card with 2ghz hbm2 soo.

but it might be, remember last time we didn't get the full polaris 11, it was being sold to apple

Good news is that it's still sales to AMD and it means we get more Ryzens and Threadrippers.

Bad news is that it will probably turn Nvidia into another Intel....and yes they can get worst in their complacency. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Good news is that it's still sales to AMD and it means we get more Ryzens and Threadrippers.

Bad news is that it will probably turn Nvidia into another Intel....and yes they can get worst in their complacency. 

don't underestimate the changes made with vega, vega if well coded for can be super fast because of the new primitive shaders (they do various effects at the same time to same on cycles) and most importantly fp16, that can double the compute perf, the problem is that AGAIN it needs dev support, and for fp16 not even vulkan supports it yet, but they say they are working on it. 

fp16 might be one of those things that really push graphics forward because if you think about it we are using 32 bits for each color when your monitor will at most be 10bits, so 16 is still more then enough but it will take a while to be implemented, although i do believe that once its implemented in the apis it will be easy to implement on the game dev's side ( i image it being something like: if graphics card = VEGA, Pixel_precision=16 )

3 hours ago, cj09beira said:

don't underestimate the changes made with vega, vega if well coded for can be super fast because of the new primitive shaders (they do various effects at the same time to same on cycles) and most importantly fp16, that can double the compute perf, the problem is that AGAIN it needs dev support, and for fp16 not even vulkan supports it yet, but they say they are working on it. 

fp16 might be one of those things that really push graphics forward because if you think about it we are using 32 bits for each color when your monitor will at most be 10bits, so 16 is still more then enough but it will take a while to be implemented, although i do believe that once its implemented in the apis it will be easy to implement on the game dev's side ( i image it being something like: if graphics card = VEGA, Pixel_precision=16 )

The HBCC is, honestly, the most interesting tech to me. Mostly when it moves down to the APU & mid-tier lines.  It'll make "cheap" GPUs scale far, far better and could bring some really nice performance results to that sector, though that's probably in the next revision there.  It should also prevent the issue with the Fury X where it would have been more consistently competitive against the 1070 except it could get VRAM constrained. 

Though it also fits in with some points Raja has made that, in gaming graphics, it's really not the GPU that's most of the bottleneck.  It's getting the information to the GPU. (You can see that thinking applied with the SSG models for professional work, for instance.)  So I'm quite curious to see how this effects things, especially as it may put even less draw on the CPU as a result.  We forget that "Threads" are, functionally, an advanced form of optimizing Order Queues.  There's actually a lot of interesting room for improvement in Gaming, though there's so many "moving" parts involved.

So top of the line Vega, for it I have my expectations sandwiched somewhere in the middle of a 1080 TI's performance and a 1080's performance. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

11 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

The HBCC is, honestly, the most interesting tech to me. Mostly when it moves down to the APU & mid-tier lines.  It'll make "cheap" GPUs scale far, far better and could bring some really nice performance results to that sector, though that's probably in the next revision there.  It should also prevent the issue with the Fury X where it would have been more consistently competitive against the 1070 except it could get VRAM constrained. 

Though it also fits in with some points Raja has made that, in gaming graphics, it's really not the GPU that's most of the bottleneck.  It's getting the information to the GPU. (You can see that thinking applied with the SSG models for professional work, for instance.)  So I'm quite curious to see how this effects things, especially as it may put even less draw on the CPU as a result.  We forget that "Threads" are, functionally, an advanced form of optimizing Order Queues.  There's actually a lot of interesting room for improvement in Gaming, though there's so many "moving" parts involved.

HBCC would allow huge textures to be used, but as with anything amd does it needs dev support so it will not be used to its full potential for some time

Well cool. Though Apple also harvesting Vega -.- so RX Vega release date is not surprising really since they earn more with pro cards than gaming.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

• The OMEN X Compact Desktop is available in July 2017 at HP.com, starting at $2,499 and the OMEN by HP backpack accessory starts at $599.99.
    • The OMEN Desktop is available on June 6 at HP.com, starting at $899.99
    • The OMEN 15 laptop is available on June 28 at HP.com, starting at $999.99 and at Best Buy, see BestBuy.com for pricing.
    • The OMEN 17 Laptop is available on June 28 at HP.com, starting at $1,099.99 and at Best Buy, see BestBuy.com for pricing.
    • The OMEN 25 Display is available on June 26 and the OMEN 27 Display is available on June 8 at HP.com starting at $279.99 and $799.99, respectively
    • The OMEN Accelerator is available in August 2017 at HP.com starting at $299.99
    • The OMEN by HP Accessories are planned to be available on June 6 at HP.com starting at $79.99 for the OMEN Headset, $129.99 for the OMEN Keyboard, $59.99 for the OMEN Mouse and $29.99 and $39.99 for the different OMEN Mouse Pads

I've add this into the OP

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I think it's just misleading and poorly worded 

when the first say UP TO dual 1080, it's or as in the second option on a menu like steak or chicken when they say 'or' they mean dual 1080 or 'dual' vega the second dual being implied 

otherwise why not toss in a or a 1080ti, it could also just be a supply thing knowing It would be difficult to land that many vega cards, in that case it could still be the same price as a 1080 since we know a single 1080 is also a option