Apple External GPU Dev Kit is CHEAP!

2 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

They're not in. That's the whole point.

The eGPU just makes Macs like any other ultralight with TB3, a laptop with a low powered GPU aimed towards editing and other work processes, and maybe some light gaming, but with a high end CPU that can handle a good eGPU. And I think many people miss the fact that Macs don't need the best hardware in the world to run fast, since macOS is optimised so well. This why 32GB RAM in a MacBook Pro may be handy, but you only really need 16GB for most use cases. And why older MacBooks can still keep up with newer laptops. Because Windows is made to be used on every computer in existence, it isn't optimised as well. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

5 minutes ago, Miller1218 said:

Ok, the touch screen is cool, but the macbook is no slouch with a 226ppi screen and a 16:10 aspect ration. Not to mention the p3 color gammat and the almost perfect out of the box color accuracy.

I dont disagree, and im not really arguing the capability of the mac either, i use my older from '12 as a daily driver when at home. 

Im arguing its cost vs the competition. You dont get your moneys worth with "new" cost. I buy them second hand, and recommend that to others as well. I think prices in the second hand market for macs are well worth it. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

On 6/6/2017 at 3:52 PM, goodtofufriday said:

No.  You're telling me an all aluminum case is worth 1,800$?? On top of losing out on a much better gpu and more physical ports (reducing cost as you dont need to buy dongles)

Scuse me? Lets see...

Worse display, I mean the display on the macbook is just much much better. Higher res, more colour accurate, brighter ect. and if we were to think how much more a "pro" monitor usually cost more than a similarly specced "consumer" monitor, that display alone can make up a considerable chunk of the difference.

Hmmm...basically 960 evo class 512GB SSD vs 850 evo (actually its considerably worse) class 128GB SSD, the price difference between them is around £150-175 sooo... :P 

Where's the touchbar? Is it gimmacky? Yes, does it cost money? Yes

Why the $200 CPU upgrade? 

Shall I continue? Yes the macbook pro doesn't have ports that's super common right now but hey, functionally and form wise, they are way way way superior...I mean you have no way of connecting 10Gbps ethernet to the dell or even the ability to run more than 1 external display without USB display adapters...

I wonder why the dell doesn't have TB3 ports...oh wait, that requires a tad of money to implement....I see...

Next time, try considering everything rather than just the CPU, GPU, RAM and SSD without taking into consideration type. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)