Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kd4lif3

Eutherium mining on gaming rig

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey there. I just finished building my gaming rig and its been great. It has a 6600k, asus strix 1070 and 8gb 2133. I have been running it on some eutherium mining and i was wondering if i could cause any damage by running it for extended periods of time. on default fan speed (idk what it is, its always on auto) i never pass 60C. If i set the fans to 50% the temps never pass 45C. From my research as long as it is below 80C imm  all good but i just want someone to confirm that.I understand that even by having the card on there is always a slight chance of it failing (as with anything) and that leaving it on for a few extra hours could marginally increase that. Again i use this pc for daily gaming so hopefully it can last me a few years. Thanks

1 minute ago, Kd4lif3 said:

Hey there. I just finished building my gaming rig and its been great. It has a 6600k, asus strix 1070 and 8gb 2133. I have been running it on some eutherium mining and i was wondering if i could cause any damage by running it for extended periods of time. on default fan speed (idk what it is, its always on auto) i never pass 60C. If i set the fans to 50% the temps never pass 45C. From my research as long as it is below 80C imm  all good but i just want someone to confirm that.I understand that even by having the card on there is always a slight chance of it failing (as with anything) and that leaving it on for a few extra hours could marginally increase that. Again i use this pc for daily gaming so hopefully it can last me a few years. Thanks

It can reduce longevity of the pc due to constant 100% load

8086k Winner BABY!!

My tech stuff

Main rig

Cpu: 2600k (4.0ghz)

Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V LE

Ram: 16gb crucial

Gpu: Windforce 1070 ti

LG G6 | Snapdragon 821 w Adreno 530 | 4gb ram | 32gb storage |

Just now, TheDankKoosh said:

It can reduce longevity of the pc due to constant 100% load

Ya i was expecting that. I shouldn't be that bad as long as i give it lang breaks every few hours. Right? also it is not 24/7 I usually only run it for 6-7 hours during the day then game on it a bit. its then off.

Just now, Kd4lif3 said:

Ya i was expecting that. I shouldn't be that bad as long as i give it lang breaks every few hours. Right? also it is not 24/7 I usually only run it for 6-7 hours during the day then game on it a bit. its then off.

honestly you shouldn't have chose an nvidia card if you were planning to do this

8086k Winner BABY!!

My tech stuff

Main rig

Cpu: 2600k (4.0ghz)

Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V LE

Ram: 16gb crucial

Gpu: Windforce 1070 ti

LG G6 | Snapdragon 821 w Adreno 530 | 4gb ram | 32gb storage |

Just now, TheDankKoosh said:

honestly you shouldn't have chose an nvidia card if you were planning to do this

naw its a gaming rig. not a dedicated mining rig. the mining is mostly temporary, not serious. your right i would have gotten a 480 otherwise. It was kinda a side thought. It will probably only do this for the month so that i can have some money for steam.

I'm running a 1060 for mining. In theory will reduce your lifespan, but mining isn't a true 100% load. You can undervolt really far without affecting hashtags. I'm using about 55% power (I think about 70w) and get 20.75 Mh/S

If I'm honest I spend more time playing with the hardware than I do playing on the hardware

-Rig Specs in Profile

Just now, Jorgen297 said:

ETH mining is very easy on the GPU, the power% is around 50% and temperatures are very safe, below 60C actually. You'll earn about a dollar per day. But you might wanna look into Zcash mining if you want to utilize your GPU more. Send me a message if you're interested. 

ya i saw a bit about that. i will do some research into that. is is honestly that much more worth it.

26 minutes ago, Kd4lif3 said:

naw its a gaming rig. not a dedicated mining rig. the mining is mostly temporary, not serious. your right i would have gotten a 480 otherwise. It was kinda a side thought. It will probably only do this for the month so that i can have some money for steam.

are you paying for your bills? i dunno if youll make any profit with a 1070. but if youre at like a university or at your parents house then it shouldnt matter unless they complain kek

CPU            GPU                          RAM           DISPLAY        xD
r5 1600  Sapphire rx 480 4gb        4x2          1920x1200        ayyyymd
(3.8)       (1350/2200)                    (2667)           (60hz)           Dank Moist memes

Mine zcash then. Afaik, better for Nvidia cards

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.

I do not offer free or paid insurance coverage to anyone let alone bungee jumpers and skydivers.

I do not work in a profession or for a business that has anything to do with the tech/gaming industry.

8 hours ago, Nickathom said:

are you paying for your bills? i dunno if youll make any profit with a 1070. but if youre at like a university or at your parents house then it shouldnt matter unless they complain kek

like i said, its kinda just a temporary thing to make some money for steam. its in my basement and i dont pay any bills so i dont have to wory about that.  

8 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Mine zcash then. Afaik, better for Nvidia cards

Ok ill consider. whats the profit like for that because i heard it is quite good for a 1070. i am currently making about  2.50 a day and 72 a month (USD) what could i see for zcash