WWDC

About the sacrifice of young children, or the other thing? Specifics matter, links help too

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Some random stuff (I didn't pay much attention to that), but iMac Pro looks greeeeat !! :) (except price, but I think it is justifiable for prosumers) - I think it is X299 based

aaaand new iMacs (updated) aren't "broken" that much like new $h!tBooksPro - just as Apple said, too early, too far (change all IO at once to few USB-C) - new iMacs are great because in terms of IO they changed just TB2 -> TB3 and other USB-A remained

6 minutes ago, iJarda said:

Some random stuff (I didn't pay much attention to that), but iMac Pro looks greeeeat !! :) (except price, but I think it is justifiable for prosumers) - I think it is X299 based

aaaand new iMacs (updated) aren't "broken" that much like new $h!tBooksPro - just as Apple said, too early, too far (change all IO at once to few USB-C) - new iMacs are great because in terms of IO they changed just TB2 -> TB3 and other USB-A remained

yeah I think in MacBook pro they should have done the same maybe replace two usb a with type and leave us two type a but anyway idc if they make it shit cause I can't afford it :D 

3 minutes ago, a7mddiaa said:

Oh yeah, nothing really new or innovative, just more junk xD

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

From a person who only uses an ipad.

The most, and probably only interesting thing, in my opinion, was the new imac pro (mainly because of the inclusion of a xeon and high end spec) . 

Apples also late to the party with quite alot of their new products (such as the homepod, vr, external graphics and making multitasking on ipads better).

The new watch faces were mostly awful looking or pretty useless.

The new ios control panel looks awful.

The "files" application is a weird but welcome move for ios.

The way that external graphics (through thunderbolt) seemed to be locked down to only an apple selected gpu in an apple dock was to be expected.

The fact that they're starting to support vr seemed like they were telling you to either go buy a high end end mac or buy their external gpu.

And the rest didn't gain my attention or memory.

Myanimelist | F@H stats |

Spoiler

| CPU: I7-4790k OC'D to 4.5Ghz | GPU: GTX 970 | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2 x 8 GBS (stock 2133Mhz) OC'd | Case : NZXT Phantom 410 | Displays: Asus VG248QE 24" & VE228TR 21.5" | PSU: Corsair CP-9020077-UK 650W | CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H55 | Storage: ? Kingston 240 GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB  | Keyboard: Logitech 213 Prodigy | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Headphones: Sennheiser hd380 pro | Mic: MXL 550 | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Very "Meh" is what I got to say...

Some of the iOS 11 things were interesting, but very meh.

Although the High Sierra's new file system was interesting it's prob not effecting me since i'm still on a 2012 macbook pro and can't afford newer macbook pros now since the price here in NZ have gone up very steeply; so meh on those too.

Don't own an Apple watch so meh on those.

Apple's dive into AR and VR only makes me think "about time"

The Mac announcements are like... okay.... but they're still not "that" cheap as you guys try putting it to be.

The iMac Pro's announcement is like "now you're adding another b---crap into the mac ecosystem (facepalm)"

The iPad Pro are like now a weird hybrid of a tablet and a laptop now so im like thinking.... "Just bring in to hardware from the iPad into the macbook&macbook pros to fight against the surface line up rather than having this weird thing in the middle"

HomePod is like...... nah not for me.....

I know a lot of my comments are skewed negatively and makes me sound like an Apple hater, but I actually like Apple stuff in general. I own an iPhone 7+ and a macbook pro, although it's a bit old now, and as someone who used their products for a while I really wish they'd do well but for the last few iterations I was never blown away nor impressed with they updates and upgrade; prices as well. They know ppl will buy their stuff regardless of the price tag they put on so they're being lazy on hardware upgrades specially... 

I wish the next WWDC, iPhone update asides, they'd actually announce something interesting but for now I kinda regret waking up 5 am to watch the keynote... 

On 6/6/2017 at 0:25 AM, jk441 said:

Very "Meh" is what I got to say...

Some of the iOS 11 things were interesting, but very meh.

Although the High Sierra's new file system was interesting it's prob not effecting me since i'm still on a 2012 macbook pro and can't afford newer macbook pros now since the price here in NZ have gone up very steeply; so meh on those too.

Don't own an Apple watch so meh on those.

Apple's dive into AR and VR only makes me think "about time"

The Mac announcements are like... okay.... but they're still not "that" cheap as you guys try putting it to be.

The iMac Pro's announcement is like "now you're adding another b---crap into the mac ecosystem (facepalm)"

The iPad Pro are like now a weird hybrid of a tablet and a laptop now so im like thinking.... "Just bring in to hardware from the iPad into the macbook&macbook pros to fight against the surface line up rather than having this weird thing in the middle"

HomePod is like...... nah not for me.....

I know a lot of my comments are skewed negatively and makes me sound like an Apple hater, but I actually like Apple stuff in general. I own an iPhone 7+ and a macbook pro, although it's a bit old now, and as someone who used their products for a while I really wish they'd do well but for the last few iterations I was never blown away nor impressed with they updates and upgrade; prices as well. They know ppl will buy their stuff regardless of the price tag they put on so they're being lazy on hardware upgrades specially... 

I wish the next WWDC, iPhone update asides, they'd actually announce something interesting but for now I kinda regret waking up 5 am to watch the keynote... 

agree with all but not imac pro i think it is the best thing announced any way it is starting at 5000$ that's expensive like really expensive