MSI GS63VR or razer blade 256gb model.

Hey guys just looking in some opinions I'm trying to decide between both laptops. No pics of the blade psoted assuming that everyone is familiar with that product.

The msi msi will cost me $2500 AUD and the blade $2700 AUD

Thanks everyone 

IMG_3269.PNG

IMG_3270.PNG

Unless Razer support is good in your country, and you really need the thinness and sleek of the blade, then go for the MSI. it's cheaper, less QC issues, and runs cooler, and runs quieter.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

17 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Unless Razer support is good in your country, and you really need the thinness and sleek of the blade, then go for the MSI. it's cheaper, less QC issues, and runs cooler, and runs quieter.

MSI cripples their laptops with bloatware and their QC isn't that good. I've had experience with that..

See some benchmarks and go with the one delivers most fps.Laptops usually don't deliver the watts a dgpu needs.So it usually falls behind than a pc with  a dgpu

5 minutes ago, Skizzy_34 said:

MSI cripples their laptops with bloatware and their QC isn't that good. I've had experience with that..

Good to know.

I obviously can't buy every laptop, so it's great to get feedback about which manufacturers are good, and which aren't.

Thanks!

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

24 minutes ago, Skizzy_34 said:

18 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Good to know.

I obviously can't buy every laptop, so it's great to get feedback about which manufacturers are good, and which aren't.

Thanks!

here is a reply from MSI regarding this issue. Gives an idea of where they stand on the issue and its not a good one

http://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/2940-msi-responds-to-laptop-bloatware-criticism

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

I don't feel like bloatware complaints have much validity anymore. I'm happy letting manufacturers throw on as much bloatware as possible if it has the effect of subsidizing even a cent of the cost I would otherwise pay. 100% agree with the clean install approach to any computer.

20 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

a fresh install of windows fixes that. it really should be done with any new laptop regardless of brand.

also dont get the blade. feel free to look at the thread titled "razer blade pro" for the reason.

have a look at Metabox or resistance, they are the Australian re-sellers of the clevo laptops

Is the quality of clevo up to the same standards ? I'm looking for something that's portable and a metal body being a pilot I have to throw my bad around a lot I'm worried anything plastic could get broken 

[removed]

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

4 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

No, there's no reason for the blade, period.

1 hour ago, Protojx said:

Is the quality of clevo up to the same standards ? I'm looking for something that's portable and a metal body being a pilot I have to throw my bad around a lot I'm worried anything plastic could get broken 

No, if Clevo had such low standards as the blade, nobody would touch it with a 10-foot pole. Blade only gets sales because every mainstream reviewer lies about it being good, places review weight in how it looks and feels in the hand which has nothing to do with performance/qc/overheating, hides overheating/throttling, and their brand followers are a cult that defends them to the death.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/772751-new-gigabyte-aero-15/#comment-9752949

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/668791-new-razer-blade-2016-gtx-1060/#comment-8628901

Here, look through the above and tell me you think blade is even close to being good anymore.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

1 hour ago, Sierra Fox said:

depends on the model. some of them just have an alloy lid, some are all but the base and some are all alloy. they are normally highly regarded as a good build quality

39 minutes ago, D2ultima said:

No, there's no reason for the blade, period.

No, if Clevo had such low standards as the blade, nobody would touch it with a 10-foot pole. Blade only gets sales because every mainstream reviewer lies about it being good, places review weight in how it looks and feels in the hand which has nothing to do with performance/qc/overheating, hides overheating/throttling, and their brand followers are a cult that defends them to the death.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/772751-new-gigabyte-aero-15/#comment-9752949

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/668791-new-razer-blade-2016-gtx-1060/#comment-8628901

Here, look through the above and tell me you think blade is even close to being good anymore.

Okay so I'm looking at meta box (clevo) now any models to be careful of or any recommendations? 

Just now, Protojx said:

Okay so I'm looking at meta box (clevo) now any models to be careful of or any recommendations? 

Don't buy the LGA models from them, they won't work. You need to buy those from OBSIDIAN-PC or HIDevolution.

The BGA models like the P650HS though, those are just fine. 

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

15 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

Good to know.

Thanks!

I suggest waiting until more Max-Q laptops come out. Acer supposedly has pretty good customer service. Check out the new 15" EVGA SC15, also.

53 minutes ago, Skizzy_34 said:

I suggest waiting until more Max-Q laptops come out

uhh nope. the "max-q" series are just going to tdp crippled desktop cards. you know how the Razer Blade Pro uses a "full" 1080. jk. tdp crippled to shit. Can't even beat a decent 1070. The max-q concept is based off of Razer's leading edge crippling designs and it's going to be at best 10% faster than a 1070. Once you OC a decent 1070 it'll be on far and faster. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

4 hours ago, Pendragon said:

uhh nope. the "max-q" series are just going to tdp crippled desktop cards. you know how the Razer Blade Pro uses a "full" 1080. jk. tdp crippled to shit. Can't even beat a decent 1070. The max-q concept is based off of Razer's leading edge crippling designs and it's going to be at best 10% faster than a 1070. Once you OC a decent 1070 it'll be on far and faster. 

I still haven't seen any 1070 equipped laptops that are that thin, so there's that. I'd take the "only 10%" gain and thinness over a thicker laptop with a 1070.

1 hour ago, Skizzy_34 said:

I still haven't seen any 1070 equipped laptops that are that thin, so there's that. I'd take the "only 10%" gain and thinness over a thicker laptop with a 1070.

aorus

msi

also that's only a guess. nvidia quotes 15% but that's fluff. also, you're going to be paying 1080 prices for a 1070 laptop. Like the Aorus X5 MD is rumored around 3k+ whereas the Aorus X5v7 is gonna be around 2.3k. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

Just a personal opinion but i had a $3500 msi laptop in the gt73vrtitan i think and i hated the trackpad and i did not like the typing but that is just personal opinion and yes there bloatware is cancer took me 20 mins to figure it out.

Main PC = I5 7600K @4.5ghz, Asus Gtx1070, 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz, 480GB SSD, Msi Z270 Mobo.