AMD SSDs Coming. (Leak)

TechFan@ic

VideoCardz.com managed to get their hands on AMD's brand new logos (see what did there... brand.. yeah ok moving on) and surprise surprise , looks like we'll be getting "Radeon" SSDs soon.

First bottom left logo.

AMD-2013-Logos-2.jpg

Source : http://videocardz.com/40130/amd-has-new-logos-for-radeon-graphics-radeon-memory-and-radeon-ssds

Don`t know if that`s a good thing or a bad thing...imo they should really focus on their CPU line because we need more competition there :/

Don`t know if that`s a good thing or a bad thing...imo they should really focus on their CPU line because we need more competition there :/

Agreed. They really should focus on their CPU so that they become more competitive in the CPU market segment. Not branching out into anything they can get their hands to.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

That's a difficult thing to speculate on when you're not privy to their information. I'm sure they have groups of very intelligent people making such decisions, maybe they see a market advantage as SSD prices are plummeting. Introducing new players in the SSD market is a good thing IMO (despite the real opportunity costs, AMD's CPU/GPU/APUs will remain competitive). And who wouldn't buy an AMD SSD if it performs solidly and is cheaper than their Intel/Samsung counterparts?

are you sure its ssds not ram?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Would be nice. I don't think I'd go with AMD for an SSD, but if it brings the price down overall that'd be pretty epic.

The logo clearly says "Solid State Drive." RAM is solid state, but people don't refer to RAM when talking about SSDs.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Whoops i was looking at the wrong one.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

This will most likely be a rebranded SSD just like their RAM is (rebranded Patriot memory), so as long the price is competitive they will do fine. Also they will most likely bundle extra software with it similar to how Radeon RamDisk allowed AMD memory users to have 6GB free RamDisk.

I feel like AMD are going down the wrong route they need to focus on processors!!

Y U NO MAKE BETTER CPU'S?!

I don't need an AMD ssd, there are too many ssd's on the market right now.

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

AMD really needs to start makeing better cpu"s like i just ordered the 8350 hopeing it will be good but really would love 2 see amd crush intel cuz intel thinks there the best be sweet if amd could come up with something 2 crush intel cpu but if the amd ssd can be better then my samsung 840 pro ssd then all buy it but till then all stick with the 840 pro i like intel and amd but would love 2 see amd come out with a beast cpu

...would love 2 see amd crush intel cuz intel thinks there the best...

But if intel is the best at the moment I fail to see why you would have hard feelings. Personally I want to see AMD do well so that both companies push each other. As a consumer that is the best scenario for extracting the most performance/$ and innovation from both companies.

As for the SSD I hope it is a good one. I hope they sell lots of them and make money. Perhaps then (if they choose) they can fund better r&d and make a better cpu.

Go home AMD, you're drunk.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Come on AMD... Get back on track before you explore a new market.