Screen looks terrible HELP

I just built my new computer went form a ati 2400 pro to a gtx 1050ti before the ati made my tv screen look nice THE COLORS were correct the 1050ti just looks like complete trash I can never get the colors even close i've changed form limited to full from 60 hz to 59 messed with all the color settings in nividia control panel ANY help will be very very appreciated 

did you uninstall the old drivers and install the new nvidia ones?

What driver do you currently use? Are you changing settings with the nvidia control panel? what are your system details? what monitor do you use? how are the colors wrong?

Information, Information, Information, Information!

@SpiritWrathusing newest nividia drivers I tried changing them and it didn't fix anything r7 1700 asrock b350 pro 4 8 gbs ram ssd and gtx 1050ti i use a 29 inch magnavox tv (which the ati 2400 pro old gpu didnt have any color issues) its hard to describe whats wrong with them they all look different from before the old gpu if I went to a new computer I wouldnt feel like it was different from mine the darks can be extra dark in some areas and brighter in others text isnt as clear as it was and when theres a lot of colors like a thumbnail they almost lose detail I have a app from the windows store I used to be able to read its name now I can't it just looks like little white writing but the text im writing right now its completely fine and im just at a loss at this point

If you still have the old graphics card, could you reinstall it and take some pictures for a better visual comparison?

Just now, Ohsnaps said:

@SpiritWrathwouldnt I need to completely remove the nividia and then reinstall the ati 2400 pro?

Yes.

Unless they are watercooled, it shouldn't take that long, but if you would rather not do all that work it's understandable.

Right now I really just can't get a clear picture about the issue with the information at hand - colors being different is a very subjective thing and only you know how it looked with the ATI 2400.

@SpiritWrath you know what ill put in the work since you're willing to help what should I use to uninstall the nividia drivers 

Most people recommend Display Driver Uninstaller to completely uninstall old drivers.

@SpiritWrath alright it was hard to really get the color but this shows what im talking about with the text I wish I showed theati catcher because the glove looks so badly on niv compared to the ati so in short colors are off and text is more pixelated using the ati right now to right this I can see how much more crisp it is i also notice that with the 1050ti there is a white like layer over the screen thats not on the ati I know that in the pictures it doesnt look really different but look close at the foobar 2000 (alien) icon on the task bar you can really see and look at the opera icon and look at the opera test the o looks like its more detailed or just less jaggy

niv bad 2.jpg

Niv bad.jpg

Ati 3 good.jpg

ati good 2.jpg

ati good.jpg

im going to reinstall the 1050ti and hope that fixes the issue 

I certainly notice a difference in sharpness for the icons on the desktop with the right-click menu open.

This is probably going to be a stupid question, but I might as well ask - both graphics cards displayed the same resolution, correct?

Also, do you have ClearType Text enabled in windows?

Additionally, could you make a screenshot of your nvidia control panel settings after reinstalling the 1050TI please.

@SpiritWrathalright well I installed it and the color thing is fixed or maybe I messed with it before idk and tbh idc xD but the text is still VERY jaggy and overall compared to the ati its jaggy and pixelated still yes both are the exact same resolution and no I yes I did have it on but if it was enabled it would have been enabled for the 1050ti and the ati 2400 pro and sure 

18902317_1753904317954857_1820409868_n.jpg

18928109_1753904361288186_2014398178_n.jpg

18945175_1753904347954854_1224520308_n.jpg

18945216_1753904367954852_506640112_n.jpg

May I ask why you are running the monitor on 1360 x 768 instead of the 1920 x 1080 native resolution?

Also, did you try to change the scaling mode yet? Choose the GPU instead of the display and no scaling perhaps.

alright the Native says says 1080p but this tv just has it to accept that signal so it can say it can display 1080p that is the current resolution of the panel ( it is and it looks the most clear 1080p is shitsville compared to this) and let metry it 

No scaling gpu.jpg

Hmmm okay

Are both graphics cards connected with the same connector type? (HDMI for example)

According to google blurry text seems to happen occasionally with the 1050 TI and other graphic cards as well, but as always in IT different solutions work for different people, so the troubleshooting is always a guess game =P

yes they are its a dvi to hdmi now before you think its that ive tried hdmi to hdmi

Some other suggestions I've found are to make a custom resolution for the tv and put it to 1366 x 768 instead of 1360 x 768 as well as turning the "sharpness" setting of your tv down to 0 if it has one.

Btw, is this the tv you use?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Magnavox-29ME403V-F7-29-In.-720p-LED-HDTV-with-3-HDMI-and-LED-backlight-tech/35094201

@SpiritWrath alrighty well the 1366 makes it extremely blurry ( like its a wrong resolution ) the sharpness is disabled and yes that actually is the tv I use thats why I said it can take a 1080p but it looks the most clear with the 1360 also i tried 720p looks super clear except theres black bars on the sides

Something else I found while googling:

change your HDTV's HDMI input name to PC DVI or whatever it's called on your model to get crisp text with 4:4:4 chroma and it should act and look like any PC monitor.

@SpiritWrathi've heard of that to but i can't change mine at all all i can do is set it to game mode I would love to buy a vga and then use pc mode BUT this didnt happen with the other gpu only this one which leads me to think its the gpu not the tv and something in the gpus settings

At this point I'm pretty much out of ideas, as you already did a complete uninstall with Display Driver Uninstaller and have the newest nvidia driver, correct?

Hopefully someone else might have a fresh idea or I find something else that seems plausible, but right now I'm at the end of the road =/

@SpiritWrathwell thank you a lot and yes I did and maybe the gpu and this tv are just weird or amd are just better at making gpus for tvs from all the consoles xD I am sad that we couldnt fix it but its considerable better since the color problem seems gone Thank you for all your help and anyone WHO HAS ANY GUESS IDEA OR ANYTHING hit me up reply to this anything any idea is better than nothing