Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy5Burgers

Elgato HD60 Pro freezing Windows Ten startup

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello all ... Just installed my Brand New Elgato HD60 Pro and once i log into Windows Ten it just freeze the whole system ? can't type and even move the mouse! The MoBo am using is Asus asus maximus ranger Vii ... I've use all 3 PCI-e Slots and its all the same on each of them.. what am i doing wrong ? 

Are you by any chance on a UEFI install with CSM disabled? I have an HD60 (not the pro internal version) and whenever I have CSM disabled and the USB plugged into my PC, it causes a lot of weird issues. I don't think the capture cards are fully UEFI supported.

if that's not the case, the only other thing I can think of is to do a fresh installation of Windows 10, after backup up, of course.

8 hours ago, Celios said:

Are you by any chance on a UEFI install with CSM disabled? I have an HD60 (not the pro internal version) and whenever I have CSM disabled and the USB plugged into my PC, it causes a lot of weird issues. I don't think the capture cards are fully UEFI supported.

if that's not the case, the only other thing I can think of is to do a fresh installation of Windows 10, after backup up, of course.

Hi Celios, I have manage to get windows to boot up "OKAY" however the software will not load ? Lol it's one thing from another..... You think i should reinstall windows Ten ?

1 hour ago, Jimmy5Burgers said:

Hi Celios, I have manage to get windows to boot up "OKAY" however the software will not load ? Lol it's one thing from another..... You think i should reinstall windows Ten ?

If you really need to use the capture card, then yes, try and reinstall to see if it fixes anything. If it doesn't fix anything it's most likely a hardware incompatibility issue. 

Just please make make sure you back up all of your important files as reinstalling will wipe everything.

24 minutes ago, Celios said:

If you really need to use the capture card, then yes, try and reinstall to see if it fixes anything. If it doesn't fix anything it's most likely a hardware incompatibility issue. 

Just please make make sure you back up all of your important files as reinstalling will wipe everything.

Okay so i think i have an strange software issue.... If i'm using MSI AfterBurner & SpeedFan the Game Capture software does not load... however if i load up the game capture software first then i load the MSI Afterburner the Capture software does not respond and just displays another image of the software. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy5Burgers said:

Okay so i think i have an strange software issue.... If i'm using MSI AfterBurner & SpeedFan the Game Capture software does not load... however if i load up the game capture software first then i load the MSI Afterburner the Capture software does not respond and just displays another image of the software. 

I guess you'll have to make sacrifices then :P 

Don't use the Elgato software with  MSIAB and Speedfan. Unless those programs are vital to you.

1 hour ago, Celios said:

I guess you'll have to make sacrifices then :P 

Don't use the Elgato software with  MSIAB and Speedfan. Unless those programs are vital to you.

yeah i need that software on otherwise my CPU and GPU will look like a space rocket that's renter earth at the wrong Atmosphere xD

2 hours ago, Jimmy5Burgers said:

yeah i need that software on otherwise my CPU and GPU will look like a space rocket that's renter earth at the wrong Atmosphere xD

Ouch. I'm not too sure what you could then...

2 hours ago, Jimmy5Burgers said:

It seems Elgato is already aware of the issue. 

IMG_3347.PNG

IMG_3348.PNG

SO i got it to work the but quality i'm getting is somewhat rubbish .... will have to mess around with the settings ... Am thinking it would be best to build a Mid end streaming pc and put this Elgato card in it