First Custom loop Heatpipe Cooler

So basically, Cryorig recently announced that they'll be releasing custom loop heatpipe cooler in 2018. Personally i think its pretty crazy, but exciting at the same time! 

20170401_cover.jpg

CRYORIG is proud to announce another major breakthrough in cooling innovation. Introducing the CRYORIG Adaptive Form ver. 4.1 cooling system! The Adaptive Form ver. 4.1 is the pinnacle of PC cooling and the world’s first custom loop heatpipe cooler. For the first time in human history endless customization air cooling options is finally here! 

Full story can be read on their website at 

20170401_01.jpg

20170401_03.jpg

Apparently this is an elaborate prank by Cryorig for April Fool's joke.....And somehow i fell for it ?

Interesting... But Idk how practical this could be. I mean, it's air cooling, there's only so many designs that actually work well

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

holy smokes

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

I'd give it a shot if its affordable

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

It's insane and not that aesthetic, I think... I would like to see it working, though

2 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

Interesting... But Idk how practical this could be. I mean, it's air cooling, there's only so many designs that actually work well

Yeah that's actually a good point, there is so many poor performing Air cooler because of bad design

2 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

i will do this with that very strong fan linus made a video about recently (to make it spin like a windmill) LOL

20170401_02.jpg

I'm actually surprised that they include that windmill looking design ?

Users can twist and shape the extremely delicate and prone to rupture heatpipes using our safe* heatpipe modification tools to meet the shape they need. But please note any damage to the heatpipes due to the use of our safe heatpipe modification tool is not covered by warranty. 

The fact that they don't cover damage caused by their own tool... That's not cool.(get it? cool? Cooling? ... I'll see myself out)

But then again, you just know there will be idiots out there who will fuck up so badly and blame it on the tool so I can understand where they are coming from.

Personally I'm more interested in this

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

The fact that they don't cover damage caused by their own tool... That's not cool.(get it? cool? Cooling? ... I'll see myself out)

But then again, you just know there will be idiots out there who will fuck up so badly and blame it on the tool so I can understand where they are coming from.

Personally I'm more interested in this

Yeaaah, that's what comes to my mind the first time i saw this. If this could work, they could potentially be Calyos biggest rival 

That's pretty cool, but, well, how are you going to support certain designs like that? If it stays on the board, it's going to rip out the motherboard by the screws.

2 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

That's pretty cool, but, well, how are you going to support certain designs like that? If it stays on the board, it's going to rip out the motherboard by the screws.

I think thats their secret sauce 

Or probably make those pipes & fins really light 

Imagine this on open air benches computers.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

1 minute ago, ApolloFury said:

Imagine this on open air benches computers.

Over/Under on how long the first penis shaped one shows up after launch? I give it 48 hours.

12 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Maybe with a 3 kilos massive backplate.

But yeah I have similar pragmatic concerns here: How are you going to bend this heat pipes? Do they expect consumers to run heaters hot enough to cause third degree burns in their homes/shops? If it doesn't takes that much effort to bend them how are we going to ensure we 1) Don't kink it too much 2) Don't eventually snap it the fuck off.

Also how much are these pipes? How many do we need to make sure we get those awesome looking, perfect bends that are precisely done and also matching one another? Are they just gonna do pre-bend this shit? Only for a handful of cases and motherboard configurations then?

See this is like the type of idea that looks great in paper and makes an awesome kickstart page but isn't really commercially feasible a.k.a. "A pizza place where you make your own pie!"

Edit: Seemingly even they thought of the same concerns:

Users can twist and shape the extremely delicate and prone to rupture heatpipes using our safe* heatpipe modification tools to meet the shape they need. 

Sorry Cryorig but you can't say safe* (*safety is actually not guaranteed if you're a fucking moron) Also if something is extremely delicate then also means it's extremely easy to get wrong: I don't think I should waste money of 3 miles of fucking pipes until I finally get this extremely delicate pipes to bend to the exact design and angles that I need.

-------

Current Rig

-------

16 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

bend this heat pipes

meat is super easy to bend dude. 20 bucks

Image result for pipe bender

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

So much space though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

It says it will release on feb 29th 2018. So yeah, an april's fool joke that got posted as news 2 months later.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

7 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It says it will release on feb 29th 2018. So yeah, an april's fool joke that got posted as news 2 months later.

Why would they release a month late april fool's joke? 

3 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

Why would they release a month late april fool's joke? 

the news article was posted march 31 

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

OLD Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 with i5 520m and Nvidia NVS 310

Laptop's: Dell precision m2800 i7 4610m with amd firepro w4170m

other laptop Asus.

Just now, Elite14 said:

the news article was posted march 31 

Oh my god i thought it says May 31st 

I'm so disappointed now. It'll be really cool if its real though

Just now, Its Not Important said:

Oh my god i thought it says May 31st 

I'm so disappointed now. It'll be really cool if its real though

lol, It would be kind of cool but really impractical not to mention it would break the mobo with all the weight hanging off of the cpu socket 

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

OLD Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 with i5 520m and Nvidia NVS 310

Laptop's: Dell precision m2800 i7 4610m with amd firepro w4170m

other laptop Asus.