Asus Crosshair VI with built in wifi *NEW Motherboard*

I was wondering about on the Internet when i found this

https://www.google.co.id/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-WI-FI-AC/&ved=0ahUKEwjWxoC2n6TUAhVIMo8KHZ15AzgQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNGddBsF6pWU-Q4hK93BiSmcDOVnaQ

So asus finally decided that it was a good idea to include a wifi module om their flagship board. Knowing that, i searched for it wondering if anyonehave it for sale, low and behold the answer is indeed yes. I found this Swedish site selling it 

https://www.google.co.id/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.inet.se/produkt/1900266/asus-crosshair-vi-hero-wi-fi-ac&ved=0ahUKEwjWxoC2n6TUAhVIMo8KHZ15AzgQFggxMAc&usg=AFQjCNGzz4qiskvVF92tzIbr_sx8_NvZwQ

The price listed was 3150 Sek or around US$360. It feels shady tho.....I wonder if Asus really going to release their Crosshair VI (Wifi AC) for that price? 

What do you think?

As an owner of the C6H, (had 2 Aurus Gaming 5's that failed, this was the 'get away from gigabyte' replacement) I thought that the antennas and wifi module came with the board. I don't use wifi for my system, and honestly don't think most people buying a board of this caliber to so it doesn't bother me, but if the price increase is significant I'd suggest the non-wifi variant would be much more popular.

Could be a delayed launch to not scare off customers at the launch of Ryzen with a high price.

7 minutes ago, xVIP said:

As an owner of the C6H, (had 2 Aurus Gaming 5's that failed, this was the 'get away from gigabyte' replacement) I thought that the antennas and wifi module came with the board. I don't use wifi for my system, and honestly don't think most people buying a board of this caliber to so it doesn't bother me, but if the price increase is significant I'd suggest the non-wifi variant would be much more popular.

Could be a delayed launch to not scare off customers at the launch of Ryzen with a high price.

But do you think its possible though? The Asus Wifi Go Module itself is around $20. This "new" motherboard is literally the exact same board with C6H with added wifi onboard. Is it possible for them to get away with charging extra $110 for the exact same board with added wifi? 

Ps: It was announced at May 15th alongside ROG X370-F and B320-F. when do you think its going to be released? Just wondering.....

32 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

But do you think its possible though? The Asus Wifi Go Module itself is around $20. This "new" motherboard is literally the exact same board with C6H with added wifi onboard. Is it possible for them to get away with charging extra $110 for the exact same board with added wifi? 

Ps: It was announced at May 15th alongside ROG X370-F and B320-F. when do you think its going to be released? Just wondering.....

hopefully soon and amazon stock it, then i can swap it for the wifi board :P

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

1 minute ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

hopefully soon and amazon stock it, then i can swap it for the wifi board :P

Yeah, i just hope its no more than $275 

1 minute ago, Its Not Important said:

Yeah, i just hope its no more than $275 

im hoping its going to be the same i paid :)

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

2 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

im hoping its going to be the same i paid :)

That's even better....but i can almost guarantee that Asus will charge a little extra for that feature comfort

10 hours ago, Its Not Important said:

Is that difference in price between products from different regions? if it's $110 hike for the $20 module, there's got to be something else going on. As for a time, I'd expect it to just be another product available at retailers at some point in the next month or two.

If they are smart they'd try target the price drops on ryzen pre-threadripper.

1 hour ago, xVIP said:

Is that difference in price between products from different regions? if it's $110 hike for the $20 module, there's got to be something else going on. As for a time, I'd expect it to just be another product available at retailers at some point in the next month or two.

If they are smart they'd try target the price drops on ryzen pre-threadripper.

No, the Asus R&D guy said that it was the exact same board. Only with built in Wi-Fi 

I wish they would just release the damn board already, it's almost a month from when they announced it. That Swedish retailer doesn't have it in stock either, it's just a pre-order. I have all my parts ready except for the motherboard. Nobody sells the 7260/7265 with the internal wiring and external antenna here, just the bare card. UGH.

Just now, Firedrops said:

I wish they would just release the damn board already, it's almost a month from when they announced it. That Swedish retailer doesn't have it in stock either, it's just a pre-order. I have all my parts ready except for the motherboard. Nobody sells the 7260/7265 with the internal and external adapters here, just the bare card. UGH.

Oh its a pre order? So the price is ramped up on top of european mark up right?

Thats reliving 

9 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

Oh its a pre order? So the price is ramped up on top of european mark up right?

Thats reliving 

Yup, according to google translate. Who knows what's going on with pricing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 2 weeks later...

I e-mailed Asus to ask about it, they gave me back a canned response.

"No Plans for releasing the ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WI-FI AC). At the moment the non-wifi version is available."

No plans at all???

2 hours ago, Firedrops said:

I e-mailed Asus to ask about it, they gave me back a canned response.

"No Plans for releasing the ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WI-FI AC). At the moment the non-wifi version is available."

No plans at all???

Wait, are you SERIOUS? Why tf is it on their website at all????

On 6/5/2017 at 1:38 AM, Its Not Important said:

Is it possible for them to get away with charging extra $110 for the exact same board with added wifi? 

Yes in some markets. Pricing varies a lot, and in some countries stores may only bring in a small number of the wifi boards compared to the non-wifi due to lower demand, lower supply and lower demand often lead to increased prices. The store might not even know when the board will be available and what the price will be, and they may be making a guess and throwing in a higher number to deter people from pre-ordering while still making the option 'available'.

1 hour ago, DrMikeNZ said:

Yes in some markets. Pricing varies a lot, and in some countries stores may only bring in a small number of the wifi boards compared to the non-wifi due to lower demand, lower supply and lower demand often lead to increased prices. The store might not even know when the board will be available and what the price will be, and they may be making a guess and throwing in a higher number to deter people from pre-ordering while still making the option 'available'.

Well, good thing i already went with ASRock X370 Taichi