Good python cheat sheets

XDroidie626

Hi All,

I am looking for a good python cheat sheet for quick reference when writing my little projects, as I am still trying to improve my skills.

I don't need examples of things like strings for variables, just what they are and if possible a quick description.

Many Thanks

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

I think the best thing you can do is go for the python API https://docs.python.org/3.6/c-api/ 

And do a favor to the world and use the latest version, no one is doing any good keeping python 2 going when there's python 3

The best way to measure the quality of a piece of code is "Oh F*** "s per line

7 minutes ago, espurritado said:

I think the best thing you can do is go for the python API https://docs.python.org/3.6/c-api/ 

And do a favor to the world and use the latest version, no one is doing any good keeping python 2 going when there's python 3

I agree, I only have python 3 on my system

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

1 hour ago, espurritado said:

as the argument goes "ill use python 3 then everything supports it". It's this attitude that's left most of the world on xp. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

2 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

as the argument goes "ill use python 3 then everything supports it". It's this attitude that's left most of the world on xp. 

well its amazing really, I mean okay for legacy applications this maybe a good enough reason to keep it going internally off the internet, but for newer generation applications I would always go for Python3.

Heck place I work still uses vb6, although granted they are making a massive push to .NET which is welcoming.

It's possible that using an IDE would provide you with enough support that as long as you vaguely remmeber what the syntax is you'll be "fine" without a cheatsheet. Give pycharm a try and see how it goes.

That said, since I'm not sure how experienced you at a programming, I should probably mention that if you're a beginner you'll likely just find an IDE confusing and so in that case you'd probably be better off finding or creating a cheatsheet from a bunch of tutorials. Personally I find tutorialspoint or stackoverflow pretty helpful for quickly looking up how to do something.