Do Gaming mouse matter?

Jaker
Go to solution Solved by Spuriae,

If you flick quickly with your standard mouse, the sensor will "spin out" and your cursor will move unpredictably in one area of your screen instead of moving smoothly. Better sensors are able to stay accurate moving more quickly.

The lighter and more comfortable your mouse is, the more control you'll have over it as well. If you're playing at low sensitivities and flicking (as you should be playing FPS's), you want a good shape that's easy to pick up without losing control of the buttons but doesn't make you cramp up, and you want a sensor that continues tracking accurately no matter how quickly you move or pick up the mouse. 

This might be stupid but do i need a gaming mouse to game? I'm a FPS gamer so i dont need high DPI, i doubt i ever need shotcuts or hotkeys when i play CSGO or OW. Except for the built quality and RGP light what can i get from using a gaming mouse but not from a normal mouse? Do i really need a 100$ mouse while i can buy a 10-20$ regular mouse?

Just now, Jaker said:

This might be stupid but do i need a gaming mouse to game? I'm a FPS gamer so i dont need high DPI, i doubt i ever need shotcuts or hotkeys when i play CSGO or OW. Except for the built quality what can i get from using a gaming mouse but not from a normal mouse?

Better sensor, better grip, better support vs a cheap ass chinese mouse. The macro keys are really really nice.

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Better sensor, better grip, better support vs a cheap ass chinese mouse. The macro keys are really really nice.

you don't need a $100 dollar mouse, the G502 is awesome. I agree with deXxterlab97

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Better sensor mean more accuracy right?

They can be nice to have, but not really necessary (I used to use a wireless dell mouse for several years, didnt make a huge difference for me in switching to a proper G502). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

1 minute ago, Daniel Z. said:

you don't need a $100 dollar mouse, the G502 is awesome. I agree with deXxterlab97

G502 is like half of my pay check :P im in VietNam :D

Just now, Jaker said:

if you aren't really pro or anything, a cheaper but comfortable mouse could work too.

4 minutes ago, Jaker said:

This might be stupid but do i need a gaming mouse to game? I'm a FPS gamer so i dont need high DPI, i doubt i ever need shotcuts or hotkeys when i play CSGO or OW. Except for the built quality and RGP light what can i get from using a gaming mouse but not from a normal mouse? Do i really need a 100$ mouse while i can buy a 10-20$ regular mouse?

It doesn't hurt. I love my G602, but the Aukey gaming mouse I have on my second PC handles itself perfectly well. I've played plenty of Overwatch with a basic OEM Dell three-button mouse and never suffered too much for it, so there's that.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

3 minutes ago, Jaker said:

Better sensor mean more accuracy right?

Yes.

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Yes.

Why can i just practice since if i buy gaming mouse i still have to practice aiming :P

Just now, aisle9 said:

I've played plenty of Overwatch with a basic OEM Dell three-button mouse and never suffered too much for it, so there's that.

Left mouse button, right mouse button and mouse wheel button?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Left mouse button, right mouse button and mouse wheel button?

Yeah. It's not always pretty, but it works. Especially when you play as D. Va most of the time. Shield, shoot, launch, boom, repeat.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 minutes ago, Jaker said:

Why can i just practice since if i buy gaming mouse i still have to practice aiming :P

If you flick quickly with your standard mouse, the sensor will "spin out" and your cursor will move unpredictably in one area of your screen instead of moving smoothly. Better sensors are able to stay accurate moving more quickly.

The lighter and more comfortable your mouse is, the more control you'll have over it as well. If you're playing at low sensitivities and flicking (as you should be playing FPS's), you want a good shape that's easy to pick up without losing control of the buttons but doesn't make you cramp up, and you want a sensor that continues tracking accurately no matter how quickly you move or pick up the mouse. 

check my PC build here: https://valid.x86.fr/jyjc2n

b350 tomhawk arctic h.51 bios, Corsair LPX ram running at 3200mhz

case is a 35$ Zalman Z3 plus white with a cooler master 10$ (15MIR)hyper t4 cooler

20$ EVGA 450w bt (black cables)

150$ 1060 3gb@2.1ghz

I game with a Logitech M280 wireless, costs around $30. Some programmable buttons would be nice for CS:GO binds, but other than that, I've never had a problem with it. Less latency than any wired mice I have. It's comfortable, looks good, performs fine, and I'm happy with it. So there's no need to spend too much on a mouse, IMO.

I chose my mouse based on size, shape and where the extra buttons were placed. It's a Logitech G700, one from before they branded it as a gaming mouse and put stupid designs all over it. I paid 75 USD for it over 5 years ago and have been happy with it. 

Yes, but a gaming mouse is only half the story. Get a competitive mousepad also.

When I first upgraded to a Deathadder years ago I was still using a crappy 5$ mousepad. My aim improved only slightly and the crosshair / cursor still had jitter.

I paired it up with a Steelseries QCK and my aim and tracking improved greatly.

"Gaming" is actually marketing term used for selling sometimes useless features. With mice and keyboards that term holds some extra value over office grade stuff. Like having better macro support, more buttons and better support for surfaces. I haven't used office mice for a while, but Logitech is solid option in there too. "Gaming" adds bit to build quality too, but sometimes basic mice are made to last more.

7 hours ago, Jaker said:

Have you looked at cheap chinese mock offs? Like shown in this video:

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 2017-6-4 at 1:56 PM, Jaker said:

Chào đồng hương :v

G502 khá là đáng tiền, nên nếu được bạn cố để dành mà mua. Tui đang dùng và ngoài chuyện chất lượng tốt, cầm khá thoải mái vừa tay, với có thể tùy chỉnh nặng nhẹ với DPI ra, thì có RGB cũng vui :)

Chuột chơi game thường chỉ hơn chuột không chơi game những điểm đó, dĩ nhiên không tính tới mấy con cao cấp như MX Master :v