IPhone 7 (Not Plus) Battery Life ??

Go to solution Solved by Commodus,

I've had a good experience with my iPhone 7 on those days where I've had to spend most of my waking hours away from a charger, but it's hard to say for sure that you'd get the same results.  I have an Apple Watch (which drains a bit of Bluetooth power, but also saves me some screen-on time), I stream some Apple Music and I spend a lot of time on Instagram, Tweetbot and navigation apps like Google Maps and Transit.

One important note: iPhones are generally much better at minimizing battery drain during idle time.  You can leave an iPhone unplugged overnight and lose only a tiny amount of battery life... so if your issue is that your phone loses 20 percent of its charge just by sitting in your pocket for a few hours, that's something to consider.

Hey,

So i have a galaxy s7 edge, great phone but the battery is awful if i'm honest, i only get around 4 hours of SOT now i know there are people who get over 6 hours of SOT even 7 but i've never gotten that much, I've done everything i can , i've rooted and flashed custom kernels , roms etc. but it's still the same. So i recently got a chance to swap my S7 edge to an IPhone 7 ( Not the plus model but the normal smaller IPhone 7), The only reason i wanna go for an iphone is battery life, everyone keeps on saying that the battery on the iPhone 7 is wayyyyy better than the s7 edge, now that might be due to the tiny screen but a good battery is all i need right now as i use my phone like every minute of the day. So before i swap i want to know if the iphone 7 can last a day of heavy usage ? Any real life battery tests ???? How much SOT do you get? Standby Times?? 

Sorry for the really long explanation and everything 

Hope to get an answer soon 

In these tests the Galaxy S7 doubled the battery life of the iPhone 7 for talk time. 

The iPhone 7 lasted 10 hours with surfing use and nearly 12 hours on a single charge during ongoing call time.

As an iPhone user I can only speak for the model I have which is a 6S currently, the battery life is awful IMO and the 7's battery is rated at an additional 2 hours to that.

Hoping to see improved battery life in the next model otherwise I might make the switch to another handset.

what are you doing on this thing? define "heavy usage"

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

I've had a good experience with my iPhone 7 on those days where I've had to spend most of my waking hours away from a charger, but it's hard to say for sure that you'd get the same results.  I have an Apple Watch (which drains a bit of Bluetooth power, but also saves me some screen-on time), I stream some Apple Music and I spend a lot of time on Instagram, Tweetbot and navigation apps like Google Maps and Transit.

One important note: iPhones are generally much better at minimizing battery drain during idle time.  You can leave an iPhone unplugged overnight and lose only a tiny amount of battery life... so if your issue is that your phone loses 20 percent of its charge just by sitting in your pocket for a few hours, that's something to consider.

11 hours ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

what are you doing on this thing? define "heavy usage"

Facebook, Browsing, Light gaming, Insta etc.

I usually get through the day with around 5-10% battery life left on my iphone 7.