Transfering C drive from one Samsung to another

MPX309

Ok so m Evo's pretty much at full capacity now, and I am getting a new SSD with more room, and, I want to go about cloning the current SSD onto the new one.
I can just plug the new one into one of the sata ports and use samsung migration software to clone it? 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

You could yes. But I would take this as a good opportunity to do a complete clean reinstall of everything. 

But that choice is yours

1 minute ago, infigo said:

You could yes. But I would take this as a good opportunity to do a complete clean reinstall of everything. 

But that choice is yours

Yes, I've thought about that, but I can't source a new OS atm 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

1 hour ago, MPX309 said:

Yes, I've thought about that, but I can't source a new OS atm 

What do you mean by sourcing a new? If you are using the same motherboard then you can use the same key and if it is W10 you can just download W10 to a USB stick and install since it will activate itself automatically 

Its just not worth doing reinstalls these days imo. Just clone it with Samsungs migration tool.

The only reason I did a reinstall last time, was because my drivers were beyond fixable from an AMD/Nvidia incident -and it was the easiest way to fix it.

If your OS/system is working fine, then stick with it.

I just take migrations as a good time to do maintenance to my current install - review installed apps, update software, do a disk/system files cleanup, run ccleaner (or similar) to clean out cache/registry

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

On 2017-6-4 at 7:45 AM, Jarsky said:

Its just not worth doing reinstalls these days imo. Just clone it with Samsungs migration tool.

The only reason I did a reinstall last time, was because my drivers were beyond fixable from an AMD/Nvidia incident -and it was the easiest way to fix it.

If your OS/system is working fine, then stick with it.

I just take migrations as a good time to do maintenance to my current install - review installed apps, update software, do a disk/system files cleanup, run ccleaner (or similar) to clean out cache/registry

Yes that's what I'm thinking too. if I was cloning from a backed up mechanical drive that was old and full of crap, a new install would be nice, and a new fresh install is nice anyway, but there is literally only what I need on this drive atm as it is. Been deleted crap for over a year tryna save the odd spare 3/4 gb, and there's nothing left now, it's dry as a bone. 
Easier to just transfer it.