Congrats Canucks! Google Home and Pay on the way!

More great news for the LTT team and their Canadian brethren.  Google might be acknowledging that your 1) a first world country, 2) Located in North America, 3) A key partner in NAFTA and NATO.  Don't worry, those US citizens not in the bay area are forgotten at times too (YouTube TV!!!)

Announcement: https://canada.googleblog.com/2017/06/google-home-is-coming-to-canada.html

Now, Google Home is coming to Canada, and with it we’re bringing the Google Assistant to Canadians in both English and French.

Apparently, the delay was because of all your baguette-eating citizens in Quebec, eh!

Congratulations and welcome to the G world! That is until the next time Google forgets about users again in pursuit of robots, AI, or something else shiny.

2 minutes ago, AngryPandaPC said:

Google might be acknowledging that your 1) a first world country, 2) Located in North America, 3) A key partner in NAFTA and NATO. 

This has nothing to do with Google Home coming to Canada at all

Google Home is also available in UK so are you telling me that UK is in North America too? Hmm #themoreyouknow

2 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Google Home is also available in UK so are you telling me that UK is in North America too? Hmm #themoreyouknow

Refer to point one :P

Hi.

5 hours ago, AngryPandaPC said:

More great news for the LTT team and their Canadian brethren.  Google might be acknowledging that your 1) a first world country, 2) Located in North America, 3) A key partner in NAFTA and NATO.  Don't worry, those US citizens not in the bay area are forgotten at times too (YouTube TV!!!)

Announcement: https://canada.googleblog.com/2017/06/google-home-is-coming-to-canada.html

Apparently, the delay was because of all your baguette-eating citizens in Quebec, eh!

Congratulations and welcome to the G world! That is until the next time Google forgets about users again in pursuit of robots, AI, or something else shiny.

Baguettes?  More like poutine or smoked meat sandwiches. :P

At any rate, both Android Pay and Google Home are good news.  Google is odd in that it doesn't shower much affection on a country that should, in theory, be relatively easy to support... can your product do English and French?  Then it should work in Canada!  It's a sharp contrast with Apple, which tends to either include Canada in launches or get it up to speed pretty quickly (Apple Pay launched at the end of 2015).

I've heard that Android Pay was partly hindered by some Canadian banks.  RBC and TD both have their own Android mobile payment systems, and they're naively hoping that you'll use theirs instead of Android Pay.  Unfortunately for them, I don't think that's going to work out... there's not much point to a potentially more lucrative service if no one's using it.

23 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Quebec and baguettes...?  Wow, you can't even stereotype correctly. o.O

lol, sshhh shh. Leave'em be. xD

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Well, either speaks with an outrageous accent though.

7 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

As an American, I take pride in my inability to discern not-americans.

14 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

This sarcasm was not made for you.