Clean Thermal paste from CPU and Mobo socket

I got a brand new Ryzen 5 system as my first system. When replacing the factory thermal paste with Cooler Master Mastergel (MGX-ZOSW-N15M-R1) it went into the motherboard socket and on the CPU pins. And now I must clean it because it's expensive and I don't want to get grounded. How do I do it? Please help me I am freaking out.

Oh boy.. you fucked up. How did this happen? just wondering?

the CPU pins should be easy to clean. take a brush or something, and just scrape between them. make sure not to bend any pins. But Ryzen pins are sturdy. they shouldn't bend unless you apply at least some force. (compared to intel pins, where glancing at them for .4 seconds fucks up the entire socket)

on the motherboard side, it's a bit harder. try to use a thin metal object to get the majority of paste out of the holes. it will never be perfect, but it should at least work.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

I put the thermal paste on and it kind of split into a runny stuff and gel stuff. Also, can you please tell me if the paste is conducting? Thanks for the reply, really helped. 

Just now, Priam017 said:

I put the thermal paste on and it kind of split into a runny stuff and gel stuff. Also, can you please tell me if the paste is conducting? Thanks for the reply, really helped. 

What kind of thermal paste did you buy?

If you're really brave (or stupid, not sure which) there is an old trick I've seen people do to successfully remove the electrolyte from burst caps off motherboards and circuit boards.

Just to be super clear - I'M NOT RECOMMENDING THIS but it does work. 

Basically you fully submerge the board in lukewarm water for a few seconds and use a soft brush to scrub the affected area clean then you give it at least 72 hours to dry out before using it again.

Would I do it? Nope. Should you do it? Probably not.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Couple of eye dropper drops of alcohol and blow out with a can of air should clean the socket up if you didnt get much down there.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Will warranty cover this? (If I clean it enough to not be noticable) and I ask for a replacement?

I checked and the thermal paste was terrible. It split into a thin oily, runny substance that went into the motherboard. That technically makes it the thermal paste manufacturer's fault. I followed the perfect procedure for application like the pro's demonstrate. And yet it all went to hell.

UPDATE: I talked to the service person for msi India and that awesome man said he'd clean it for me. Fingers crossed for now. I still need to clean the CPU pins though. 

I have to get through to Cooler Master for the terrible paste quality. But they do not have any direct email addresses listed. Help?