AMD trims pricing of the Ryzen 7 1700 and 1700X: 1700 for $319, 1700X for $349.

Here in the Netherlands the price is still the same as the day of launch. 

On 1.06.2017 at 8:55 PM, cj09beira said:

i have a pentium 3 in a key chain :-) 

silicon dies are beautiful 

I have a spare Pentium 4 CPU (working), how did you attach it to a key chain? Can you send a pic? I'd like to do that too!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

4 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

I have a spare Pentium 4 CPU (working), how did you attach it to a key chain? Can you send a pic? I'd like to do that too!

i only know destructive ways :-| 

5 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

i only know destructive ways :-| 

It's working but it's worthless, as long as it looks cool it doesn't matter if I damage it :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

It's working but it's worthless, as long as it looks cool it doesn't matter if I damage it :P

if you can, soldering a loop of wire to the back would look cool, or you can drill a small hole in one of the corners.

1 minute ago, cj09beira said:

if you can, soldering a loop of wire to the back would look cool, or you can drill a small hole in one of the corners.

I'd rather not do soldering on my own, don't have much experience in it so drilling a hole should be easier :) Thanks!

1 hour ago, cj09beira said:

i forgot to mention the dust is very nasty don't breath it 

That's not just dust, that's the magic pixie dust that makes all electronics work.  Once it's released, then the part no longer functions.

What, you thought it was science?

593a51562e0a1_Ryzenprice.png.064ec5d937fd93960d7d4f3d9b265fc9.png

A bit more than 1 month ago I bought Rzen 1700 for 334€.

And now it's only 285€: https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/AMD-Ryzen-7-1700-8x-3-00GHz-So-AM4-BOX_1144032.html

At release it was around 350€ on that website ... sadly I don't have any proof for that, but I knew I was talking to myself that if price drops for 20€ I would buy it. And so the price droped from 350€ to 330€ and I went for it.

From 350 to 330 and then to 285€ ... prices are droping realy fast lol

From i7 7700k release when price was 350€, it went down to 325€. So only 25€ price drop in longer time span ... I somehow don't get that. I was hoping that because of Ryzen, Intel would drop prices so I could go with i7 6800k ... but then Ryzen turned out to be a lot better than what I expected and went that road instead.

Anyway ... I still don't understand why Intel doesn't start droping prices of those CPUs slowly. I imagine, they don't sell as much CPUs now as they used to (consumer ones, not Xeon etc.).

Those are realy amazing times to be on CPU market. for 285€ you can get 8 core 16 thread CPU. Seems like 8c/16t is new concumer grade CPU :o

And usually prices in in US are like 300$ for CPU, and in EU 320€. This time it seems that we can acctually change US price to EUR without adding additional 20%.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Intel is in a dominate position in the Market, thus they can dictate certain pricing aspects within their channels.  It's much like how Consoles are never "on sale", though you can get bundles that drop the effective price.  With Ryzen, there's probably two things going on.  The first is we're outside of the Launch window, so some of the requirements on the retailers have changed, and, likely, the second is that AMD set the original pricing in such a way the the "channel partners" got a higher amount of margin than normal.  AMD has so much ground to make up that playing nice with retailers while giving them a solid cut on still well priced product is a good strategy. (As AMD needs Profit, Market Share & Mind Share.)

I also think we might see the lowest Threadripper SKU come in just over $500 USD as a result.

I wonder if they'll lower the price on R5s too. *fingers crossed*

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Last week I bought a combo deal of Ryzen 7 1700 and MSI X370 gaming plus for $399 (Newegg). There are a few sucky things about the Motherboard: crappy vrm heatsink for AIO's (added a fan blowing towards vrms), no BCLK Overclocking (Luckily, can overclock in 25 MHz steps), Auto or manual voltage only (no Offset Voltage), and had to manually set the RAM timings and voltage. The nice thing about the board is I am able to overclock to 3.95 GHz @ 1.3625V with 2933 MHz Ram.

3 hours ago, guyb said:

Last week I bought a combo deal of Ryzen 7 1700 and MSI X370 gaming plus for $399 (Newegg). There are a few sucky things about the Motherboard: crappy vrm heatsink for AIO's (added a fan blowing towards vrms), no BCLK Overclocking (Luckily, can overclock in 25 MHz steps), Auto or manual voltage only (no Offset Voltage), and had to manually set the RAM timings and voltage. The nice thing about the board is I am able to overclock to 3.95 GHz @ 1.3625V with 2933 MHz Ram.

There are much better ryzen mobos for just 10-20 dollar more than that one...

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

In the US? The closest deal for an X370 board beside the MSI Gaming Plus is the MSI  X370 Gaming Pro for $420. Last week that same combo was $440. I paid $399 for mobo and CPU. The Vrm heatsinks are the same crappy ones with a stupid M.2 shield.

On 6/9/2017 at 9:37 PM, Taf the Ghost said:

Intel is in a dominate position in the Market, thus they can dictate certain pricing aspects within their channels.  It's much like how Consoles are never "on sale", though you can get bundles that drop the effective price.  With Ryzen, there's probably two things going on.  The first is we're outside of the Launch window, so some of the requirements on the retailers have changed, and, likely, the second is that AMD set the original pricing in such a way the the "channel partners" got a higher amount of margin than normal.  AMD has so much ground to make up that playing nice with retailers while giving them a solid cut on still well priced product is a good strategy. (As AMD needs Profit, Market Share & Mind Share.)

I also think we might see the lowest Threadripper SKU come in just over $500 USD as a result.

Giving the ability for partners to make more profit on sales is actually a great way to gain market share. If you're a system builder for example and you got 20% extra from selling an AMD system it would really make you think about which one to advertise and promote. Could be bad though if customers end up with the less optimal configuration just so the seller makes more money.

Luckily PC sales is extremely competitive so price drops are more likely than price gouging and bad advice.

7 hours ago, byalexandr said:

God dammit I just bought a 1600

It's still a best buy for the price, especially since you can OC it to 3.8 easily, even with the stock cooler.

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

On 6/9/2017 at 9:50 AM, Simon771 said:

A bit more than 1 month ago I bought Rzen 1700 for 334€.

And now it's only 285€: https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/AMD-Ryzen-7-1700-8x-3-00GHz-So-AM4-BOX_1144032.html

At release it was around 350€ on that website ... sadly I don't have any proof for that, but I knew I was talking to myself that if price drops for 20€ I would buy it. And so the price droped from 350€ to 330€ and I went for it.

From 350 to 330 and then to 285€ ... prices are droping realy fast lol

They aren't. You just caught a "Mindstar" offer. The price is slightly above €300 nos, as it's been for a while. You can also get a 1600 for €179 in a flash deal, but the regular price is slightly above €200.

Yes, release prices were unified at a Euro MSRP (which was higher than USD) throughout Europe, but since retailers got to price individually Mindfactory went to lower levels.

(For non-Europeans, Mindfactory is typically the cheapest online retailer in Germany - there are some competitors to them, but their pricing is never more than a few euros away from the cheapest you can find. And they have flash deals every now and then).

On 6/9/2017 at 9:50 AM, Simon771 said:

Anyway ... I still don't understand why Intel doesn't start droping prices of those CPUs slowly. I imagine, they don't sell as much CPUs now as they used to (consumer ones, not Xeon etc.).

That's up to retailers now. Intel's bigger price changes are going to come in the new generations. They don't need to rush and support sales figures of CPUs they've been selling fro a while now. And there are still proftis to make with high prices from people who somehow is going to buy 1151 anyway.