Logitech releases 2 new Mouses - MX Master 2S and MX Anywhere 2S - 4,000DPI, 70 day battery life, multi-colored

GoodBytes
Just now, GoodBytes said:

You have it wrong. MouseS, and you don't specify if we are talking about the animal or the object. The English rule is on "mice" is on the animal. Mouses for the computer mouse is accepted. Look it up.

F*ck.
In my defence it is 1 in the morning. 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

22 minutes ago, Serin said:

Dammit! Was hoping they'd have up'd the number of side keys on the MX master...
Ditch the side scroll(as helpful as it is in PS) and that silly windows button and replace with 4-6 more normal keys and I'd have a perfect mouse. 

I use the side scroll for volume control. Works great. Instead they should move the scroll wheel forward 1 cm or so, and make the side buttons larger and easier to distinguish. The windows button on the thumb rest can be set to whatever you want it, from a lot of different functions to a keypress of a specific key. So it's just a question of defining it.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

19 minutes ago, tlink said:

its smaller than the mouse i currently have at 126 mm. like, i need an additional 40mm for it to fill my hand properly with my current mouse and this one is slightly bigger than the MX master.

I know exactly how you feel.

They have no idea how large our hands are. I tried the NAOS 7000, but that is also too small. 

5 minutes ago, Notional said:

I use the side scroll for volume control. Works great. Instead they should move the scroll wheel forward 1 cm or so, and make the side buttons larger and easier to distinguish. The windows button on the thumb rest can be set to whatever you want it, from a lot of different functions to a keypress of a specific key. So it's just a question of defining it.

Indeed.
Unfortunately I did find it rather impossible to map said windows thumb key to any of the 3d design hotkeys I use - so basically it was pointless for my particular use case.
And yeah, I agree - those two side keys could do with being a little fatter in the z axis.
Still want the Master and the Scimitar to have a love child though. I miss the infinite scroll.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

2 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I know exactly how you feel.

They have no idea how large our hands are. I tried the NAOS 7000, but that is also too small. 

sometimes i have to use those compact mouses and they literally are unusable, my fingers overlap onto the scrollwheel because the finger rests are too small and i cramp my hand within 5 minutes. its horrible. i have yet to find a mice in a store that actually fits my hand.

1 minute ago, Serin said:

Indeed.
Unfortunately I did find it rather impossible to map said windows thumb key to any of the 3d design hotkeys I use - so basically it was pointless for my particular use case.
And yeah, I agree - those two side keys could do with being a little fatter in the z axis.
Still want the Master and the Scimitar to have a love child though. I miss the infinite scroll.

Really? I just tried the software, and I could make the button do a ctrl+alt+shift+character macro. But of course just 1.

This is the first mouse I've had with infinity scroll. I will never not have that anymore. Sorry all mice vendors, Logitech for me.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

@GoodBytes this is my current mouse, slightly bigger than the mx master. AA battery for comparison. its not even close to big enough, the width is fine though, it just needs to either be longer or higher, preferably longer.

Spoiler

59303185ae92a_batterycomparison.thumb.jpg.306630b7d7c8c6914997a39b7083d366.jpg

I love my MX Anywhere 2. I've had it since August 2015 and it's been nothing short of fantastic. I'm defintely planning on upgrading to the new Anywhere 2 (a three minute charge time is a godsend).

@GoodBytes I thought the singular form is Mice and Plural is Mouse?

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

@GoodBytes I thought the singular form is Mice and Plural is Mouse?

For the animal yes. But for the object the English language has no rules.

From Marriam Webster:

plural also mouses :  a small mobile manual device that controls movement of the cursor and selection of functions on a computer display

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mouse

i think it only works with logitech mice?

no linux support, synergy still the better one 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

yeah, but any competition is good, although synergy is already pretty dam decent for its price, i was hoping for an android client as it were so i can run over to my tablet / phone using my mouse off my pc 

I vouch for this mouse, and yes, feels weird gaming with it, but you get used to it. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

4 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

If you plug it in with micro usb you can use it wired

4 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

im pretty sure you can use it while plugged

You can use it while plugged in, but if it's the same as the previous model it will still run off of bluetooth. Basically plugging it in just charges it, doesn't actually make it a wired connection.

4 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

It's not the animal. So it is: mouses. There is no official rule on this. So, I roam free.

But the name is based on the animal so it should probably follow the animals naming scheme.

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

For the animal yes. But for the object the English language has no rules.

From Marriam Webster:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mouse

ENGLISH HAS NO RULES ANYWHERE AT ALL.

Only guidelines and common practices. Officially. 

For example, the AP Stylebook and the CMS vary quite substantially in many respects, as does the debate about the 'oxford comma' (although as a side-note, I think the use of an oxford comma is almost linguistically required and very much not stylistic in nature due to the ambiguity inherent in English general practice).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

On 6/1/2017 at 3:14 PM, Curufinwe_wins said:

ENGLISH HAS NO RULES ANYWHERE AT ALL.

Only guidelines and common practices. Officially. 

For example, the AP Stylebook and the CMS vary quite substantially in many respects, as does the debate about the 'oxford comma' (although as a side-note, I think the use of an oxford comma is almost linguistically required and very much not stylistic in nature due to the ambiguity inherent in English general practice).

Fine. First recorded use of the term in the plural of mouse, "mice " was in 1884. So some crazy author taught it would be funny to call many "mouse" as "mice". So, now, some crazy forum user pushes for "mouses". The correct way, the original way.

5 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

As before, it still features the auto-shift scroll wheel. Where the scroll wheel can switch from clicking to free spin for fast scrolling and not tiring your finger as you scroll, with a motor doing the switch based on the flick strength applied to teh scroll wheel (adjustable in the settings), or switch mode at the press of a button.

Is more reliable tho? Considered the Master for the heck of it but heard that the wheel craps out. 

also "teh". The bathtub for you. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

54 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Is more reliable tho? Considered the Master for the heck of it but heard that the wheel craps out. 

No info on it. I doubt it. I don't have the MX Master. But on my old Revolution MX, the original mouse with the wheel spin feature, and like the MX Master had the motor which switch modes and everything, I never read of any issues on that mouse specifically. Mind you that was back in 2006.

Ah! YES! My evil plan works! I specially plan this to annoy you! AHAHAHAHAHAAAAaaaaa!!!!! Thunder Thunder..

5 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Fine. First recorded use of the term in the plural of mouse, "mice " was in 1984. So some crazy author taught it would be funny to call many "mouse" as mice. So, now some crazy forum user pushes for mouses. The correct way.

Spoiler

1458182327391.jpg

ghoti-fish-english1.png

English is dumb.

Also, the plural of BEEF is BEEVES, so check mate atheists.

5 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

They are solid. After 2 years of use, the left button is shiny. 

Which is normal wear and tear imo. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)