Logitech releases 2 new Mouses - MX Master 2S and MX Anywhere 2S - 4,000DPI, 70 day battery life, multi-colored

GoodBytes

Logitech has just released 2 new mouses which are updates over the older models.

The first mouse is the Logitech MX Master 2S. Available in black, dark teal and whitish color (called: Light Gray), it retains everything from the original MX Master, but features an updated Logitech Darkfield High Precision sensor which brings the mouse from 1,000 DPI to a variable 200 to 4,000 DPI, with 50 DPI increments, a feature that gamer mouse enjoyed. The battery, powered as always, with a Lithium-ion battery, features super fast charging. Logitech claims 3min of charge results in 70 days of usage (probably a few hours of day usage). The old mouse features a battery life of 30 days as per Logitech claims.

Plug MX Master 2S into your computer with the micro-USB charging cable and in just 3 minutes, it will be charged up and ready to power you through your entire day. A full charge lasts over 70 days.

mx-master-2s.jpg

As before, it still features the auto-shift scroll wheel. Where the scroll wheel can switch from clicking to free spin for fast scrolling and not tiring your finger as you scroll, with a motor doing the switch based on the flick strength applied to the scroll wheel (adjustable in the settings), or switch mode at the press of a button.

mx-master-2s.jpg

The mouse supports Bluetooth and 2.4Ghz Logitech Unified Receiver, as the old model, and still features the 3 PC/device switch button at the bottom. And the mouse still has 7 buttons, no changes on that front.

Sadly, it doesn't us USB-Type for charging. It still uses micro-USB.

Different colors:

Midnight Teal:

mx-master-2s.png

Graphite:

mx-master-2s.png

Light Gray:

mx-master-2s.png

The other mouse is the mobile version of the MX Master 2S, called the MX Anywhere 2S.

It features the same 70 days claimed battery life as the full mouse, it features the same 200-4,000 DPI updated Logitech Dark Field sensor, and the same Lithium-Ion battery. It also works on Bluetooth and 2.4GHz Logitech Unified receiver.

In addition, new to the mouse, is that it has the same auto-switch scroll wheel modes as the its big brother. Before it was a manual switch. Now, the auto switch motor has been incorporated.

mx-anywhere-2s.jpg

mx-anywhere-2s.jpg

mx-anywhere-2s.jpg

It is really the big brother, desktop mouse but made smaller for laptop. It does lose the side scroll wheel however.

As the other mouse, it is availible in the same colors:

Dark Teal:

mx-anywhere-2s.png

Graphite:

mx-anywhere-2s.png

And Light Gray:

mx-anywhere-2s.png

The MX Master 2S retails with an MSRP of $99.99 US.

The MX Anywhere 2S retails with an MSRP of $79.99 US.

Source 1: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/mx-master-2s-flow?crid=7

Source 2: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/mx-anywhere-2s-flow?crid=7

With the improved sensor, I feel like this mouse brings the mouse to be a more of a hybrid Productivity/Gaming 2-1 hybrid mouse, which I think is pretty cool. Of course, it isn't marketed as such. But for those who does productivity and gaming, but not a hard core gamer per se (a gamer that doesn't care about 60,000 DPI and pooling rates, nor RGB disco rave mode with lasers shooting on the sides, built-in fog machines, and cooling fan in it. :p), these 2 mouse are very interesting.

What do you think?

Midnight Teal and Dark Teal looks soooooooooooo amazing

So the MX Master 2 is basically just new colors and improved battery life, and a slightly improved sensor?

If there were wired, I wold probably consider purchasing the light grey editions. What use do kidneys serve anyway am I right?

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

Just now, EnergyEclipse said:

If there were wired, I wold probably consider purchasing the light grey editions. What use do kidneys serve anyway am I right?

Please don't quote the whole article. Either just post, or replace the quote content with "-snip-"

2 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

im pretty sure you can use it while plugged

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

So the MX Master 2 is basically just new colors and improved battery life, and a slightly improved sensor?

Also, fast charging. Before it took ~45min, now it takes 3min.

3 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

If you plug it in with micro usb you can use it wired

Dark Teal looks amazing.... 

I had one now... so..... =.= there is no reason to purchase another one....   >.<

And I hope they fixed bluetooth issue they had when the mouse connects to mac... 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Dammit! Was hoping they'd have up'd the number of side keys on the MX master...
Ditch the side scroll(as helpful as it is in PS) and that silly windows button and replace with 4-6 more normal keys and I'd have a perfect mouse. 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

*insert am I the only one meme here*

Am I the only one who dislikes the Teal variations? I still think the grays and whites look cool imo

they look cool but probably are to small. i really really need bigger mice and there just are so little good options on the market for them.

What do you think of the Master vs the G602? I do CAD work, and this feels pretty dang close to a wired mouse.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

8 minutes ago, Humbug said:

*2 new mice

:P

Well.... If the plural of goose is geese.. House is Houses. Moose is Moose. And Mouse isn't meese, mouses, or mouse? Damned English and it's non standardization of plurals!

3 minutes ago, tlink said:

they look cool but probably are to small. i really really need bigger mice and there just are so little good options on the market for them.

MX Master is pretty big. Go to a store and check it out, even if it is the old model, the shape, size are the same.

Damn you! I wish I hadn't seen this, it fixes my main gripe about the original MX Master, the low DPI.

Though I wish they'd have a Pro version that had a charging cradle. I hate either having a cable on my desk, or having to go get the cable to plug it in to charge.

Also I do believe it's mice, not mouses ;) It could be like fish, where multiple units of multiple species are fishes, and one species is fish (when talking about more than one), but even then these are both MX series mice so...

9 minutes ago, Memorizer said:

*insert am I the only one meme here*

Am I the only one who dislikes the Teal variations? I still think the grays and whites look cool imo

I like the teal! Sure, it doesn't fit in with my color scheme, but I'd rock it for a laptop mouse.

13 minutes ago, Humbug said:

*2 new mice

:P

To be fair, he's French-Canadian... (I'm assuming)

5 minutes ago, tlink said:

The MX Master is one of the largest mice I've ever owned.

3 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Well.... If the plural of goose is geese.. House is Houses. Moose is Moose. And Mouse isn't meese, mouses, or mouse? Damned English and it's non standardization of plurals!

Kind of....for moose you really should say "look at that herd of moose"..so you have to add an entirely new word and change the structure ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

MX Master is pretty big. Go to a store and check it out, even if it is the old model, the shape, size are the same.

its smaller than the mouse i currently have at 126 mm. like, i need an additional 40mm for it to fill my hand properly with my current mouse and this one is slightly bigger than the MX master.

4 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

It's not the animal. So it is: mouses. There is no official rule on this. So, I roam free.

You're reporting a Logitech product release, Logitech considers the plural of mouse to be mice. It's mice.

w8vjwmc.png

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Uuuh that graphite one looks nice. Would fit my K810 much better. However, nu reason to upgrade just for colour. I fail to see the big change though. One of the biggest gripes with both the K810 and the MX master, is that they can't work using a cable. So they will be wireless 100% of the time. Oh and the K810 doesn't support the unified connector, because Logi are a bunch of morons.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

i like the light grey one , knowing still it'll show dirt & oil stains from hands after a while. looks clean & somewhat minimalistic.

Details separate people.

3 minutes ago, Serin said:

Settle it in the only way we know how.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13088352

You have it wrong. MouseS, and you don't specify if we are talking about the animal or the object. The English rule is on "mice" is on the animal. Mouses for the computer mouse is accepted. Look it up.