capture card

MrWalex

is the elgato hd60 pro all its said to be.

are their other options that do 1080p 60fps recordings with no latency for streaming?

If you are just going for all out high quality I'd recommend a PCIE capture card as it will have basically no latency and the quality could potentially be higher from not having to deal with USB transfer speed limits. (might not be as much of an issue for USB 3.0 cards)

I have a Magewell Pro Capture HDMI and it does wonders and works super easy with OBS http://www.magewell.com/pro-capture-hdmi

Blackmagic also has a high quality one: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensitypro4k (supposedly up to 4k)

If you are still wanting a USB portable card Magewell also has a USB device that goes up to 2k 60hz http://www.magewell.com/usb-capture-hdmi

(I really like Magewell :3!)

13 hours ago, MrWalex said:

is the elgato hd60 pro all its said to be.

are their other options that do 1080p 60fps recordings with no latency for streaming?

I'm actually on the market looking to build a streaming pc but with every new bit of hardware the price goes up!  So i might just get the Elgato HD60 Pro and use it in my main gaming Rig for now ! & to answer your question about quality from what i've seen on YouTube it looks GREAT!  

Avermedia has a slew of them, in both USB and PCIe flavors, and the Razer Ripsaw has a USB 3.0. However, recording might suffer on USB if you're using multiple devices that love bandwidth on a single controller.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

6 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Avermedia has a slew of them, in both USB and PCIe flavors, and the Razer Ripsaw has a USB 3.0. However, recording might suffer on USB if you're using multiple devices that love bandwidth on a single controller.

Doesn't whether it's a PCIE or USB capture card that's better depend on if you're streaming vs just recording gameplay? 

4 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Doesn't whether it's a PCIE or USB capture card that's better depend on if you're streaming vs just recording gameplay? 

Nope. It's all revolving around your system.

Using too many USB ports, reducing bandwidth to disallow smooth capture? PCIe Capture card is the better choice (or getting an addon card that adds another USB controller and ports).

Using a laptop, Proprietary OEM desktop that only accomodates a single GPU (or doesn't offer any PCIe expandability at all, ITX system that has a dGPU, or out of PCIe lanes? USB capture cards are the better choice?

None of those circumstances apply to you?

If you hate clutter, the PCIe cap card is probably better for you.

Don't mind clutter, then it really doesn't matter.

Just want a small (probably black, and featuring some indicator light) box, and potentially mic+aux in? USB is probably better for you.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

43 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Nope. It's all revolving around your system.

Using too many USB ports, reducing bandwidth to disallow smooth capture? PCIe Capture card is the better choice (or getting an addon card that adds another USB controller and ports).

Using a laptop, Proprietary OEM desktop that only accomodates a single GPU (or doesn't offer any PCIe expandability at all, ITX system that has a dGPU, or out of PCIe lanes? USB capture cards are the better choice?

None of those circumstances apply to you?

If you hate clutter, the PCIe cap card is probably better for you.

Don't mind clutter, then it really doesn't matter.

Just want a small (probably black, and featuring some indicator light) box, and potentially mic+aux in? USB is probably better for you.

Hmmm..

I'm confused.  Looking at the elgato site there's a chart that shows the HD60 S version lacks a "H.264 master copy" feature whatever that is while the HD60 version doesn't have instant game view and is only USB 2.0 which makes no sense.  We are several years past when USB 3.0 should be standard.

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

Hmmm..

I'm confused.  Looking at the elgato site there's a chart that shows the HD60 S version lacks a "H.264 master copy" feature whatever that is while the HD60 version doesn't have instant game view and is only USB 2.0 which makes no sense.  We are several years past when USB 3.0 should be standard.

What you're looking at are the features and specs of specific capture cards. The HD60's also an older model, if memory serves, and USB 2.0 is enough for 720p60 (and with compression, 1080p60), if it's the only high bandwidth device.

I've got a Razer Ripsaw, it's 100% capable of 1080p60 capture and streaming, as well as having nearly no latency when using it as an HDMI in (and some when actually capturing, but usually a second. It won't matter for streaming, that's delayed by 5-15 seconds, if not more). The HDMI out on it, as with all high quality capture cards, is just a passthrough, so there should be little latency introduced.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

5 hours ago, Drak3 said:

What you're looking at are the features and specs of specific capture cards. The HD60's also an older model, if memory serves, and USB 2.0 is enough for 720p60 (and with compression, 1080p60), if it's the only high bandwidth device.

I've got a Razer Ripsaw, it's 100% capable of 1080p60 capture and streaming, as well as having nearly no latency when using it as an HDMI in (and some when actually capturing, but usually a second. It won't matter for streaming, that's delayed by 5-15 seconds, if not more). The HDMI out on it, as with all high quality capture cards, is just a passthrough, so there should be little latency introduced.

Ah.  Ok.