AMD Radeon RX VEGA to Launch at SIGGRAPH 2017

HKZeroFive

@Valentyn I do look forward to the PcPer testing on it, though Looncraz had some good points that the test might not be completely reflective given the difference in topology. Still, it'll be interesting.

As for gaming results, it's a question of where the Threads get placed. If it's trying to span all 4 CCX at once, it's going to be lower than it it's confined to either 1 CCX or 1 package.  Process Lasso tricks are going to be interesting.

6 hours ago, laminutederire said:

That or reference design exclusivity at first like for the rx 480 :)

They would still need to wait for the BIOS from AMD...

2 hours ago, Valentyn said:

In before Vega XTX comes reference with an AIO cooler and launches alone at Siggraph, and the AIB air coolers for XT and Pro coming after.

By launches do you mean "launches" or do you mean that you and I will actually be able to buy one.

9 minutes ago, Humbug said:

They would still need to wait for the BIOS from AMD...

For reference cards? Not necessarily, AMD can just supply those working out of the box using Sapphire, xfx and the likes for distribution, and giving them bios at the same time for AIB to work on finalizing their designs with it, giving between 1 and 3 weeks for them to release AIB cards?

1 hour ago, Humbug said:

By launches do you mean "launches" or do you mean that you and I will actually be able to buy one.

By one of the reference ones. 

Although we'll actually find out at the next earning call. They'll have to disclose inventory; and if it's a paper launch they shouldn't have an inventory of GPUs built up.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q