Holy Sh*t! $230 gaming mouse by swiftpoint

Hmmm... I wonder how long it will be before someone secretly finds out that Swiftech are actually a company by Apple.

Not that expensive really, all I would have to sell if my fabulous car...Offers? xD 

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

On 5/31/2017 at 6:59 PM, Dackzy said:

Uhm, what?

Is this for real? Like really? 230$ for a FUCKING mouse??

That is 230$ I can use on audio, well not really since that isn't enough, BUT it is 230$ I can save up for better gear. :D 

I guess someone will buy it....

There is a guy on page 3 that bought it

On 5/31/2017 at 5:02 AM, yian88 said:

"Holy shit" people are dumb,  i have a 7$ mouse just as good as a 70$ mouse i had a couple years ago, these inventions are useless good to take your money.

Which mouse may I ask? I bought a generic $7 "gaming mouse" and it made me buy a $70 mouse on an impulse because the shape was weird and the cursor didn't move predictably enough when I was playing Diablo 3. I bought the silver Steel Series Sensei. I wouldn't recommend it over the Razer Deathadder which is slightly better in every way (shape & "clickiness" mostly) around the same price. 

On a side note, I recently bought the cheapest wireless mouse from Logitech I could find for school for around $15 and it wasn't...horrible! I could play Diablo without much fuss. I am assuming that a comparable wired mouse is slightly better and cheaper. 

I see now that you can buy a black Steel Series Sensei (RAW, i.e. no RGB) for $40 and I think it's worth it TBH. It's all the mouse you could ever need unless you absolutely need something wireless. 

10 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Which mouse may I ask? I bought a generic $7 "gaming mouse" and it made me buy a $70 mouse on an impulse because the shape was weird and the cursor didn't move predictably enough when I was playing Diablo 3. I bought the silver Steel Series Sensei. I wouldn't recommend it over the Razer Deathadder which is slightly better in every way (shape & "clickiness" mostly) around the same price. 

On a side note, I recently bought the cheapest wireless mouse from Logitech I could find for school for around $15 and it wasn't...horrible! I could play Diablo without much fuss. I am assuming that a comparable wired mouse is slightly better and cheaper. 

I see now that you can buy a black Steel Series Sensei (RAW, i.e. no RGB) for $40 and I think it's worth it TBH. It's all the mouse you could ever need unless you absolutely need something wireless. 

Some shit brand A+ Gaming G1 garbage level mouse i got on discount, has no problems and i did have a brand ~50$ laser 6000 dpi, 1000hz pollrate,gold plated usb my arse, or something like that mouse with customizable buttons and macros and omron switches 50 gorrilion clicks "guarranteed" lol,  left click broke after 2 years of gaming rape when warranty expired and i didnt notice any significant difference to a cheapo wired mouse they are all the same, the only difference is build quality of the case/shape.

Same i had 80$ TTPoseidonZ mechanical keyboard broke after warranty LOL, the keys are good the electronics are fried, so now i only buy 5$ keyboards and mouses on discounts and never look back, i break them all the time so i wont waste my money again.

On 5/30/2017 at 10:25 PM, Memorizer said:

WHY did they even put an OLED screen? Like light indicators isn't enough

The OLED screen is used to inform you of DPI, which can be changed old the fly, or current mouse profile, which can also be changed on the fly.  I have one and I am still getting used to it, but it is awesome for MMOs like WoW. 

Check out the video below, it is pretty sweet so far (and I only paid $140 for mine through indigogo).

On 6/9/2017 at 11:41 AM, jasonvp said:

FWIW, I just received this mouse yesterday and played around with it in some Rainbow Six Siege last night.  Here's what I found as compared to my personal Gold Standard the Logitech G502:

• It's unfortunate the scroll wheel doesn't have a left/right like Logitech's mice do.  I have those clicks bound to keystrokes for use in-game.
  • The buttons on the upper left, typically what you'd use to adjust DPI, are too far for my short fingers to actuate comfortably.  I can reach the bottom one, but the top one requires re-positioning my hand a bit.  No bueno.  FWIW I never adjust DPI on the fly; again I just use those buttons as keystrokes for in-game activities.
  • It's got a decent shape and feels OK in the hand.
  • The right side tertiary buttons are too clumsy for me to use.  Or I'm too clumsy to use them.  My middle finger doesn't have the dexterity to actuate either of those buttons, so they're a waste, unfortunately.  They'd be really useful otherwise.
  • The left side tertiary buttons are perfect.  There are actually three of them, because the one on the top of the mouse is actually a rocker: forward and back.  You can assign different functions to each direction.  And my index finger has no issues whatsoever with actuating them.
  • The two thumb buttons on the side are fine.  Nothing to complain about nor write home about.
  • The side-to-side rocking is... cute.  I tried to set that up for leaning in R6S and it, uh, kinda worked.  Sorta.  But not really.  So I just locked the mouse in place with the other adapters that came with it.

Seems like I'm down on the mouse, but I'm going to keep giving it a chance.  The buttons are useful in FPS gaming, assuming I can train my fingers to actuate them.  Failing that, it'll end up in "the pile" of failed mousies, and I'll go back to the G502.

That's a bummer was thinking it would be seeet for r6 siege with the tilting. Glad I didn't buy it now

Rip Asus rog spatha

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Linus and Like should have just used this mouse in scrapyard wars to win the RGB bonus..

20 hours ago, suits said:

That's a bummer was thinking it would be seeet for r6 siege with the tilting. Glad I didn't buy it now

To be perfectly fair to the mouse: it didn't work that well for me with the tilt-as-lean.  You might find it works really well for you.

On the other hand, I've been using it more and more and I'm starting to get the hang of the buttons on the right side.  By sorta hyper-extending my middle finger, I can depress the "trigger" button that sits right under the fat part of the finger.  But pulling it backwards (which is a second button press) is a feat of impossibility for me.  Not with any sort of quickness, mind you.  So using it in a fast-paced FPS game would be pointless.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |