Cryorig R1 Fan Removal

Hey all,

Recently got a Cryorig R1 Universal. It's big, beautiful, and cools wonderfully. Only problem is It has two fans, along with the case fan that's so close it may as well be a third fan for the heatsink (it's plugged into the CPU_OPT header, the R1's fans are on the main CPU header using a PWM splitter). This can get loud with a 4790k @ 4.7GHz.

My question is, if I underclock my CPU to maybe 3.5GHz @ 1.0V, could I get away with removing the two fans altogether? Or at least the case fan one one fan from the cooler. I know the underclock works well because I had to use it when my AC went out. It sits under 60C at load with a 212 EVO.

What do you think? I'm not entirely set on doing this yet since I like high clock speeds, but with a 4790k, it doesn't make much difference.

its powerful cooler, you can at least remove one of the fans no problem

You definitely can. 1v is very low. You would probably still be fine up to 1.1-1.2v

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.