Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Techicolors

Asus PG35VQ (and Acer X35) - 35" ultrawide 1440p, HDR, 200Hz, G-sync

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

True though games will get harder to run as well.

Yeah but at some point the gap will close. Just like it did with 1080p. We couldn't always run the newest game at 200 FPS at launch with the best GPU. It was much like 4k is today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, suits said:

Yeah but at some point the gap will close. Just like it did with 1080p. We couldn't always run the newest game at 200 FPS at launch with the best GPU. It was much like 4k is today. 

Not really. To Max games out from the 700-1000 series you needed a xx70 GPU to Max out the triple A games that released when the gpu's were released and the next generation of games the year later always had the xx70 cards not being able to even come close to 60. While some games were fine most of the good looking ones stomped the poo out of the cards. An the 1060 6gb and the and equivalent aren't maxing out all games in 1080p and can't even manage a locked 60fps in some that are at medium or high settings. Gpu's only catch up when the next gen gpu's release and no new games come out.


CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What about this case ?
Asus and Acer (PG35VQ and X35) have 4:2:0 Chroma Subsampling and all the high end monitors have 4:2:2 Chroma subsampling , and we dont know if the HDR thing is gonna work on HDR movies and thats because the HDR only works with G Sync and G sync only works while u r gaming .

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, mms said:

What about this case ?
Asus and Acer (PG35VQ and X35) have 4:2:0 Chroma Subsampling and all the high end monitors have 4:2:2 Chroma subsampling , and we dont know if the HDR thing is gonna work on HDR movies and thats because the HDR only works with G Sync and G sync only works while u r gaming .

do you have a source for this info? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

do you have a source for this info? 

No , I've read this from post in reddit , and the guy said we can set a lower refresh rate and get around that issue ( to get 4 : 4 : 4 ) .

Link to post
Share on other sites

For the price it's not a problem , i can wait until we see these monitors at a price $1500 .
But How can we do 200HZ + HDR + 3440 X 1440 + G-sync with single cable DP1.4 ?
I want to run 200HZ + HDR + 3440 X 1440 + G-sync + FALD 512 zones with at least 4:2:2 Chroma subsampling and Not 4:2:0 . Can this monitor do that at 200HZ or we need to set a lower refresh rate such as 144hz ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mms said:

For the price it's not a problem , i can wait until we see these monitors at a price $1500 .
But How can we do 200HZ + HDR + 3440 X 1440 + G-sync with single cable DP1.4 ?
I want to run 200HZ + HDR + 3440 X 1440 + G-sync + FALD 512 zones with at least 4:2:2 Chroma subsampling and Not 4:2:0 . Can this monitor do that at 200HZ or we need to set a lower refresh rate such as 144hz ?

Probably lower framerate. Honestly not running 4:4:4 is pointless. Why even have higher resolution, if the colour resolution is lower?


Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mms said:

For the price it's not a problem , i can wait until we see these monitors at a price $1500 .
But How can we do 200HZ + HDR + 3440 X 1440 + G-sync with single cable DP1.4 ?
I want to run 200HZ + HDR + 3440 X 1440 + G-sync + FALD 512 zones with at least 4:2:2 Chroma subsampling and Not 4:2:0 . Can this monitor do that at 200HZ or we need to set a lower refresh rate such as 144hz ?

200hz will be the overclock, will be native 144hz most likely. G-sync helps with the overclocking, that's why non-gsync ultrawides capped out at 75hz but the g-sync ones capped at 100hz.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Notional said:

Probably lower framerate. Honestly not running 4:4:4 is pointless. Why even have higher resolution, if the colour resolution is lower?

 

4 hours ago, suits said:

200hz will be the overclock, will be native 144hz most likely. G-sync helps with the overclocking, that's why non-gsync ultrawides capped out at 75hz but the g-sync ones capped at 100hz.

For Gaming 4:2:2 will be enough whether with 4K 144HZ or 3444 X 1440 200HZ , so i hope single cable DP1.4 will be enough to do 200HZ + HDR + 3440 X 1440 + G-sync + FALD 512 zones with 4:2:2 which is = 4k 144hz 4:2:2 . I don't want to see 4:2:0 at 200HZ or set a lower refresh rate to get 4:2:2 .

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2017 at 4:29 AM, VerticalDiscussions said:

You cant even remotely rival OLED in terms of black levels.

You can wait your whole life for new tech , I don't think that oled gaming monitors will come this or even next year. The next big thing is direct led, which we have since some years @ televisions.
So once we see OLED gaming monitors whether 16:9 or ultrawide 21:9 , we'll see them at 60HZ and that may be by 2020 . And we'll wait another 2 years to see them with high refresh rates + G-sync / freesync .
And another 2 years to see them with HDR +1000 nits . So for Gaming 4:2:2 will be enough whether with 4K 144HZ or 3444 X 1440 200HZ . I hope single cable DP1.4 will be enough to do 200HZ + HDR + 3440 X 1440 + G-sync + FALD 512 zones with 4:2:2 without having to set lower refresh rate to get 4:2:2 .
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2017 at 7:29 PM, VerticalDiscussions said:

You cant even remotely rival OLED in terms of black levels.

but unless your room is pitch black, and the screen is completely non-reflective, meaning a flat matte finish (all OLED screens I've seen have all been glossy, very reflective [and I have a 65" OLED on the wall right next to me]) you likely wouldn't notice the difference past certain dark shades. QLED offers higher brightness and arguably better colors. If the marginal difference in dark shades you likely wouldn't even notice is that important, then sure OLED is the only option, but reality is that everyone (except you, apparently) will be ridiculously satisfied with either unless they ended up with a DOA or dysfunctional product.

I can't wait to get a monitor like this in my next system build, but alas school starts and I'll have to save up to splurge as a graduation present in a few years. by then everything will be even better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×