Airflow for radiator on top and front

Tim613

If I have a 240 on top and 240 in the front how should I stick my fans on there, closest to the motherboard or on the other side of the radiators? I'm using the cougar panzer case and I'll be using the corsair ml 120 fans

9 minutes ago, Tim613 said:

If I have a 240 on top and 240 in the front how should I stick my fans on there, closest to the motherboard or on the other side of the radiators? I'm using the cougar panzer case and I'll be using the corsair ml 120 fans

Doesn't make a whole lot of different, I just put them on the side of the rad that makes them easiest to remove for when I clean the fans/rads.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

10 minutes ago, Tim613 said:

Are you asking whether you should do push or pull? The short answer is it doesn't really make any tangible difference in terms of cooling or performance. Go with whatever you think looks better for you or makes you happy. I would still recommend intakes in the front and exhausts out the top, but other than that you can set them up however you wish.

41 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

Are you asking whether you should do push or pull? The short answer is it doesn't really make any tangible difference in terms of cooling or performance. Go with whatever you think looks better for you or makes you happy. I would still recommend intakes in the front and exhausts out the top, but other than that you can set them up however you wish.

I plan to intake in the front and exhaust on top, I was just wonder if it mattered if the fans were in font on back of the radiator in the front or on top or bottom of the rad on top

4 minutes ago, Tim613 said:

I plan to intake in the front and exhaust on top, I was just wonder if it mattered if the fans were in font on back of the radiator in the front or on top or bottom of the rad on top

the correct term for that is "push" or "pull" and no it does not matter as it will not affect performance.

if you want to know what "push" or "pull" is specifically, go watch a youtube video on it.

4 hours ago, Zyndo said:

the correct term for that is "push" or "pull" and no it does not matter as it will not affect performance.

if you want to know what "push" or "pull" is specifically, go watch a youtube video on it.

yeah sorry took me a second to realize what you were saying lol thanks for the help!