Painting keyboard and mouse

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
1 minute ago, Muirj101 said:

I have a redragon keyboard. I don't know the model number, think KURA or something, and a redragon M801 mouse. How would I go about painting the red blue? I love the mouse and really want to paint it. Here are pictures

It depends what your going to paint but in any case your going to want to take part the keyboard and mask off areas that you want painted. As always proper prep and painting steps should be followed, for mice and keyboards I usually recommend to do a clear coat to give it a little more durability since it will come in contact with abrasion and oil from skin. 

If you want more in depth steps for painting I have a guide in the Modding FAQ that covers it under General Painting:

-Moved to Modding Section- 

I have a redragon keyboard. I don't know the model number, think KURA or something, and a redragon M801 mouse. How would I go about painting the red blue? I love the mouse and really want to paint it. Here are pictures

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Totally don't have links in my signature

Lots of tape or completely disassemble the keyboard and mouse, then paint the red parts with plasti-dip or some other spray paint.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It depends what your going to paint but in any case your going to want to take part the keyboard and mask off areas that you want painted. As always proper prep and painting steps should be followed, for mice and keyboards I usually recommend to do a clear coat to give it a little more durability since it will come in contact with abrasion and oil from skin. 

If you want more in depth steps for painting I have a guide in the Modding FAQ that covers it under General Painting:

1 minute ago, W-L said:

I was going to paint everything that was red, blue. The keyboard has 7 color LEDs, Including blue, and the mouse is RGB, so that's not a problem. I don't know how I feel about taking it apart. Should I just mask a lot?

Totally don't have links in my signature

I was going to paint everything that was red, blue. The keyboard has 7 color LEDs, Including blue, and the mouse is RGB, so that's not a problem. I don't know how I feel about taking it apart. Should I just mask a lot?

Masking is possible but it won't be as nice especially with the edges where the red might show past the painted surface. It would also be more difficult than taking the piece apart and painting them all together. 

Just remember also that the red buttons on the keyboard will also lose the markings on them if you paint it.