Alienware x51 total renovation.

I am not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this question but mods move me if that is so. I am wanting to take everything out of my alienware x51 and put it into a Fractal Design R4 case and buy a new psu preferably 800w+ also I am going to purchase a 780ti. Thanks in advance.

Give your meat a good old rub 

I am not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this question but mods move me if that is so. I am wanting to take everything out of my alienware x51 and put it into a Fractal Design R4 case and buy a new psu preferably 800w+ also I am going to purchase a 780ti. Thanks in advance.

No for the love of god NO!

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

They use some odd motherboard types which will not be likely to fit in the the fractal.

My bad its just itx

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

why not keep the small form factor ? and if i remeber correctly the x51 has a slot drive, are you keeping that or upgradeing it ?

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

better idea either keep it or sell it and build a new MATX or ITX build putting alienware parts in an r4 is a stupid idea

why :( i think the alienware case looks awsome and i dont think you will be able to fit the mobo in a diferent case 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Why? can you please speculate why it would be a bad idea. Just to clarify I am taking everything out of my alienware x51 and putting it in a new case (If someone could pick a case that would be great) so it a 780ti can fit in it. I am also buying a new psu for more power because obviously it is a much beefier card.

Or should I sell my Alienware x51 and use the money to buy a new pc all together?

I did this for my friend last week. The mobo will fit fine in a new case but the problem is it uses a tiny internal power supply and when you remove the motherboard you are removing some sensors, I had to have him buy a new mobo and youll have to re install windows and everything. Its a bit more work than just a new case/psu. Take it from someone who had this problem already. 

Or should I sell my Alienware x51 and use the money to buy a new pc all together?

Do that, a full size/mid tower case will look ridiculous with a M-ITX board in it.

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July