BIOS update help

So when I went to download the latest bios onto my flash drive. I deleted everything but one file, which is the logo of the company that sells that USB flash drive and I was wondering if that would affect the BIOS update when I flash the USB for the update.

Oh and is the BIOS file supposed to be a CAP file or do I need to change it

IMG_2675.PNG

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

https://myanimelist.net/profile/AnalCavity

PCPartPicker URL

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bsJ8TW 

It should be safe to delete the .ico file. About your .CAP question... Not sure, I would keep it like that and try updating it.

But you might want to ask yourself: do I need to update this motherboard? Sometimes people might have "issues" afterwards, and for intel, it's usually not required to update.

if it aint broke, dont fix it. but yea you can leave the picture file in there. and leave the extension as it is. load up into your bios and use the asus ezflash utility or whatever it's called and point it to the file in the usb. 

7 hours ago, Zic05 said:

So when I went to download the latest bios onto my flash drive. I deleted everything but one file, which is the logo of the company that sells that USB flash drive and I was wondering if that would affect the BIOS update when I flash the USB for the update.

Oh and is the BIOS file supposed to be a CAP file or do I need to change it

IMG_2675.PNG

You could leave everything on drive and still wouldn't matter. BIOS update is done same way driver updates in Windows. You select file and run it. Updater can navigate in folders and only shows files that have correct format.

You can also do it from Windows. I've done it few times with both MSI and Gigabyte mobos. Risks are about same.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv