Cryorig R1 Ultimate Fan Replacement

Naijin

I'd like to replace the fans on this guy to a pair of Corsair ML140's (already have them lying around). The included additional brackets are only good for the 120mm fan mounts on the Cryorig fans, so is there any way to mount them, or if anyone has already mounted different fans with extra accessories?

14 minutes ago, Naijin said:

I'd like to replace the fans on this guy to a pair of Corsair ML140's (already have them lying around). The included additional brackets are only good for the 120mm fan mounts on the Cryorig fans, so is there any way to mount them, or if anyone has already mounted different fans with extra accessories?

why would you change those beautiful fans :-(

elastic bands maybe 

15 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

why would you change those beautiful fans :-(

elastic bands maybe 

Well, one broke down and I have these two ML140's in a pack. I also have a window, which would make two different fans on that tower a bit hideous.

1 hour ago, Naijin said:

IIRC, the Cryorig fans use 120mm mounting holes, and the Corsairs are squared-off 140mm mounting holes. They're not compatible with the Cryorig mounts. You could probably rig something up with zip ties, but I don't think I could bring myself to do that to an R1.

Noctua's 140mm round Redux fan fits the Cryorig holes and looks awesome on Cryorig coolers. Just sayin'.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 hours ago, Naijin said:

Well, one broke down and I have these two ML140's in a pack. I also have a window, which would make two different fans on that tower a bit hideous.

If it's under warranty, you can get a fan replacement from Cryorig. They might also have 140mm mounts available if you ask.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

If it's under warranty, you can get a fan replacement from Cryorig. They might also have 140mm mounts available if you ask.

I have contacted them about 4 days ago but they still haven't replied sadly.

11 hours ago, aisle9 said:

IIRC, the Cryorig fans use 120mm mounting holes, and the Corsairs are squared-off 140mm mounting holes. They're not compatible with the Cryorig mounts. You could probably rig something up with zip ties, but I don't think I could bring myself to do that to an R1.

Noctua's 140mm round Redux fan fits the Cryorig holes and looks awesome on Cryorig coolers. Just sayin'.

Those Noctua Redux are nice fans, but that would mean an extra cost, as I already have 2 ML140 fans lying around unused.

It might be worth it...Corsair fans aren't exactly the greatest and the major justification to get them are that 2 packs are cost effective. Slapped a couple Corsair fans I wasn't using on my H7 and the sound profile is atrocious lmao.

Gonna put the single stock fan back on and get a beefier cooler when I get paid again.

• 1 year later...
On 5/29/2017 at 10:57 PM, aisle9 said:

Any chance that the NF-A14 PWM fans are compatible?

1 minute ago, Keslo said:

Any chance that the NF-A14 PWM fans are compatible?

No, they use square 140mm mounting holes. Look at the NF-P14R for an idea of what a compatible fan would be shaped like.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

No, they use square 140mm mounting holes. Look at the NF-P14R for an idea of what a compatible fan would be shaped like.

Wow, that was fast, thanks! Any chance.....

That you know the BEST air cooler, which is - silent, doesn't interfere RAM slots, similar to the NH-D15 in temps?

Just now, Keslo said:

Wow, that was fast, thanks! Any chance.....

That you know the BEST air cooler, which is - silent, doesn't interfere RAM slots, similar to the NH-D15 in temps?

First thing that comes to mind is the Cryorig R1 Universal, which is offset from the RAM but suffers a bit performancewise compared to the R1 Ultimate.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

First thing that comes to mind is the Cryorig R1 Universal, which is offset from the RAM but suffers a bit performancewise compared to the R1 Ultimate.

Yeah, but it's kinda loud...

Maybe the Dark Rock Pro 4, without the front 120mm fan?