Computex: ASRock motherboards. AM4 ITX and, yes you're going to read this right, X299 ITX.

Sauce from ASRock themselves:

http://www.asrock.com/news/index.asp?ID=3625

The marketing blurb:

TAIPEI, Taiwan, MAY 29th, 2017 – The leading global motherboard manufacturer, ASRock, is pleased to announce exciting new products for Computex 2017. ASRock will be demonstrating new DIY motherboards including its highly anticipated Intel® X299 platform and Mini-ITX AM4 boards, as well as Micro-STX DeskMini small form factor systems, the X10 IoT Router, and something flash for Bitcoin enthusiasts. ASRock welcomes visitors to experience all this and more at booth #L0810 of the Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center in Taipei, Taiwan from May 30 to June 3, 2017.

First the ultimate X299 board:

20170529-2.jpg

The Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 (pretty much confirming an Intel Core i9 lineup coming). Built-in 10 GBit LAN on the back, all the PCIe 3.0 X16 slots, 3 M.2 slots all of which are full PCIe 3.0 4x slots, and of course all the RGB.

Others are also on their merry way, including the X299 Taichi.

20170529-4.jpg

Next, the very impressive and super puny but oh my god powerful X299E-ITX/AC. ITX X299 board, 4 SO-DIMM DDR4 slots, wireless AC WiFi, 2 gigabit Intel LAN ports, 3 (yes, 3) M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 slots, the lot. Oh, and the socket itself is about 1/4th the size of the entire flippin' board. 

20170529-5.jpg

On to something else that's ridiculous: the H110 Pro BTC+. An H110 board solely for mining bitcoin with PCIe 3.0 1x cards. This has 12 of them (alongside a full sized X16 slot).

20170529-6.jpg

Finally here's the first of 2 AM4 ITX boards. This one is the Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac. AC WiFi, (what seems like) a 6-phase power setup, Dual HDMI ports, Intel Gigabit LAN, the lot, an M.2 slot on the back. The other one is pretty much the same (as far as I can tell from the press release), but with the B350 chipset (and logically a lesser VRM setup as we've seen with all other B350 boards, big or small).

So yeah. Maybe there's more to come, but at least I'm exited about AM4 on ITX. But have to say, that X299 ITX board is impressive as fuck. No word so far on AMD's X399 platform. Maybe later, or maybe it'll be an entirely separate event later in June/July.

Ye ole' train

That H110 looks crazy xD

12 GPUs on one build ... sounds good, just wondering if all of those 12 can run at the same time lol

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

just thought id mention it but the ITX AM3 board will almost certainly use a doubbled 3 phase VRM like the rest of ASRocks AM4 lineup. also that H110 looks insaine

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

That H110 seems perfectly timed with the explosion in the price of bitcoin, may actually think of buying a dedicated mining rig in 6 or so months time, could be good. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

hooly crap that's dense AF.

And that BTC board looks cool with those pci-e slots so close together.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

3 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

That H110 seems perfectly timed with the explosion in the price of bitcoin, may actually think of buying a dedicated mining rig in 6 or so months time, could be good. 

not with our power prices, haha

idk

10 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

just thought id mention it but the ITX AM3 board will almost certainly use a doubbled 3 phase VRM like the rest of ASRocks AM4 lineup. also that H110 looks insaine

Looks like a true 6 phase to me. 

I'm less likely to believe that since the z170/270 Fatal1ty ITX boards are all true 6 phases. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Just now, Pohernori said:

I'm less likely to believe that since the z170/270 Fatal1ty boards are all true 6 phases. 

looks like the VRM you would get on the other B350 boards from ASRock, cant see why they would change it. looks identical to the 3x2 +2 phases they got on the Pro 4 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

6 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

looks like the VRM you would get on the other B350 boards from ASRock, cant see why they would change it. looks identical to the 3x2 +2 phases they got on the Pro 4 

Now that I think of it, it wouldn't be difficult to imagine that the X370 board has a "true" 6+2-phase setup with the B350 board having that 3x2 +2 setup.

Ye ole' train

8 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Yea at the same time it also looks like the ones used in the B350 boards. We'll have to wait for tweaktown to take it apart to really see how "good" it is

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

37 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

That H110 looks crazy xD

12 GPUs on one build ... sounds good, just wondering if all of those 12 can run at the same time lol

No cause a bunch of retards went out and bought a bunch of dual slot cards.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Yea at the same time it also looks like the ones used in the B350 boards. We'll have to wait for tweaktown to take it apart to really see how "good" it is

The AB350 series also "looks" like a 6-phase, in reality it's hooked up like a 3x2 with each phase being coupled with 2 high- and low side MOSFETs.

I'll wait on Buildzoid's videos on it.

Ye ole' train

41 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

I'm less likely to believe that since the z170/270 Fatal1ty ITX boards are all true 6 phases. 

Could easily be a 3 phase with 2 vrms per phase just like almost all of asrocks b350 boards.

Asrock's low end x370 boards all have 6 vrms which makes me wonder if they're actually 3 or 6 phase. I assume this board will have the same number of phases as those but there haven't been any breakdowns of those boards afaik.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

I was just about to post about this, Asrock the mad fucking scientists do it again with even more shit packed into an impossible itx board. Seriously if you manage a case with watercooling you can basically beat most "edit on the road" laptops by a tremendous margin.

-------

Current Rig

-------

29 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

No cause a bunch of retards went out and bought a bunch of dual slot cards.

You don't plug them directly into the board, you use risers and have them on a rack.

The slots are too close together for even 1x cards, an atx board only has what, 7 slots?

6 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

You don't plug them directly into the board, you use risers and have them on a rack.

The slots are too close together for even 1x cards, an atx board only has what, 7 slots?

Yup. You're going to need PCI riser cables for these to work. ASRock just packed them as close as they could.

Ye ole' train

19 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

You thought i didn't knew that? :D

And standard case only has 7 slot openings, xl atx has 8 or 9. of course it's going onto a rack.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

You thought i didn't knew that? :D

And standard case only has 7 slot openings, xl atx has 8 or 9. of course it's going onto a rack.

Then why does it matter if people bought dual slot cards or not?

5 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

Then why does it matter if people bought dual slot cards or not?

Cause they are stoopid.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Asrock is just the king of ITX. But you have to have a very good reason buying a super expensive top of the line CPU and limit yourself to one PCIe slot.

Sure it's nice for some builds, but personally I think it's a waste of opportunities.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

1 minute ago, Stefan1024 said:

Asrock is just the king of ITX. But you have to have a very good reason buying a super expensive top of the line CPU and limit yourself to one PCIe slot.

Sure it's nice for some builds, but personally I think it's a waste of opportunities.

"Use Case: Literally just techtubers who want to edit with portable ITX machines. Also E-peen."

quad channel on ITX sounds awesome, but it's SO-DIMM :I

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III