WTF?

Go to solution Solved by Jonathan1,

yea nut jobs :D

I found this just browsing newegg and i noticed rx 480s and 470s are way over priced right now! any thoughts on why?

:|

a.pngc.PNG.957c76e7752113e76dbc276dd6ed8808.PNGb.PNG

the AMD bitcoin mining craze is back

and many places are out of stock of AMD cards

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Ethereum hit $200 last week, at that price an RX 580 could pay itself off in a month.

But what about the 580s? they're 480s on crack so they're what really matter

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

1 minute ago, Jonathan1 said:

All the 500 series is normally priced

If it's normally priced, it's out of stock.

i don't care what Ethereum is at it is a fake currency with no security or real value

The way i see these cryptocurrencies is like pokemon trading cards for adults. >NO VALUE TO ANYONE ELSE<

It's because of Free shipping duh and the availability. When demand for a certain product is high but the supply is low then the price is obviously high.

31 minutes ago, Jonathan1 said:

bitcoin is dead lel that cant be it

I wouldn't call 1 Bitcoin = $2,184.99 USD "dead". 

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

25 minutes ago, Jonathan1 said:

i don't care what Ethereum is at it is a fake currency with no security or real value

The way i see these cryptocurrencies is like pokemon trading cards for adults. >NO VALUE TO ANYONE ELSE<

Well in the same vein we could call any traditional currency fake. It's just a voucher that says you hold x amount of value. 

That's an F in the profile pic

bitcoin is still alive when the WannaCry Ransomware wants you to transfer money via Bitcoin

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

[removed]

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

14 minutes ago, Jonathan1 said:

A currency can have inherent value if its creators want it to. BOINC-based coins are a good example of this; you lend out your spare computing power for scientific computing and those "renting" your computer pay you in tokens that you can exchange for cash. Most coins are messier but operate on the same principle; the coins aren't worth anything, but the real work they represent is. Kind of like real money in that regard.

Plenty of real companies are experimenting with Ethereum to support real products. You may recognize some of them

I don't use or mine crypto, but the concept that a cryptocurrency can't have any inherent value is wrong.