Windows 10 curators update issue?

striker477

I have updated one of my computers to the new curators update and for some reason it boots up just like it always has but when it finishes loading the start bar will have a loading symbol when you hover it for a good 10 minutes before my pinned taskbar items will appear or the start bar can be used. But the computer works fine otherwise during this period. Does anyone have any idea as to what the issue might be? 

If they were upgraded, cloned, or migrated windows 10 then that's probably why.

Or if some windows updates had previously failed for some reason.

Windows updates screw up when something was previously wrong with the OS.

The easiest and fastest way to fix it is to do a clean install, because it will fix all the problems for sure.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

If you want to try troubleshoot it you can do sfc /scannow in command prompt, look at event viewer, look for problems with drivers or things causing the long startup, and spend dozens of hours searching for something that may not even be fixable.

I highly recommend just backing up your data and clean installing.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

is your computer old? does it have a hard drive and no ssd? is so, the stress of upgrading windows could have partially killed your hard drive. 

She/Her